Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don't believe it's a real badge. I have four separate badges from the RMV eras starting in the fifties up to the mid/late 80's (1992 was the merger) and none of mine look like that. Mine are from a relative who worked during that time, so I know they are authentic.

G

·
That RMV badge can still be bought at any police supply store for around $50.00, why pay $100.00 for it when you can get one for 1/2 the $.

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
Merged with the State Police in 1995? The seller obviously has no clue about MSP history! I think this badge is a fake, I have seen real ones from people on my job and it doesn't look legit. May the buyer beware!

G

·
Killjoy275 said:
Merged with the State Police in 1995? The seller obviously has no clue about MSP history! I think this badge is a fake, I have seen real ones from people on my job and it doesn't look legit. May the buyer beware!
If what your saying is true then who ever is auctioning it must be a total BOOB, because it said Cambridge MA on the ad. Then again if hes from Cambridge who knows what shell he lives in :L: (Just kidding to those that are from Cambridge-it's just a joke)

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
The RMV Police merged with the Mass State Police in 1992, not 1995, for all you history geniuses.

·
Premium Member
6,401 Posts
Killjoy275 said:
The RMV Police merged with the Mass State Police in 1992, not 1995, for all you history geniuses.
Is that when BPD stole the MDC paint scheme and started applying it to their cruisers?

·
Subscribing Member
292 Posts
Is that when BPD stole the MDC paint scheme and started applying it to their cruisers?
I saw a Pawtucket cruiser on the highway the other day with the exact same paint scheme as the Boston Police. If i am not mistaken Holden PD as uses a similar one. And BTW the badge definatly looks fake, I have seen real Registry Police badges and they look different. Could be wrong though.

G

·
Thats a real deal badge and it was the last style issued before the merge. I have the same one except the rank is "Investigator". I got it from my MSP academy instructor who was issued it for about a year, maybe two before the merge.

I do believe that GaRel Manufacturing Co. in RI is still making them up for the collectors market out there. They can be bought for $50 at Doughboys or other uniform shops. GaRel also dates them with the month and year of manufacture so if it 8-99 it means it was made well after the merge.

MSP357 - I have an even earlier Mass - Motor Vehicle - Investigator - Department Of Public Works badge here. Probably late 20's but same style. How's that for an oldie??

Gil - BPD stole the MDC colors when Bratton blew back into town for his 10 month stay. He just reclaimed the colors since he was the one responsible for the MDC PD colors back in the 80's. It sure was a hell of a lot better than the institutional green color the Mets used to have. Anybody remember waaaaaay back then???

·
Subscribing Member
228 Posts
:) The green stripe of the old Metro Police. But does anyone remember the design before the green stripes on white?

The old MDC cruisers (mostly stationwagons) were all blue, except the rear panel doors, they were orange with blue lettering MDC POLICE

Now that's a little ways back. But it's funny, after all these years, you can't find any pics of Metro/Capitol and Registry Poilice ( a few on the retired registry Police officers website) cruisers.

G

·
I have seen old 50's photos of MDC cars and the color on them appears to be yellow. Could be the color on the photo faded but the bubble light on top is yellow for sure.

A NYCPD buddy of mine collects Metro stuff and got to dig through piles of it right at the time of the merger. He has alot of stuff from old signs to even Gerry Clemente's old ID as a Patrolman. Now who remembers that guy?????

·
Premium Member
6,401 Posts
Here we go a retro police avatar....

Now available :lol:

G

·
I so kick myself in the ass when I think of the old MDC merger, when that was happening I was a summer laborer in the stoneham yard and I specifically remember all the old MDC cruisers and gear laying around. Shit I've help fill the storage room with that stuff. But I was so young and never thought it would be worth any kind of value. Dam I wish I had the fore thought back then. I remember everyone was helping themselves to all kinds of stuff. But I was just a kid and was to scared to touch anything unless I was told too move it. I remember in the garage there out in back where all the old MDC cruisers some complelte some completly dismantled, there where car parts everywhere. I did get a MDC police rain coat that said MDC POLICE on the back but I scraped the POLICE off and used as a rain jacket for work. I have no idea what I did with it. But I wish I had it now, that would been cool memorablia.
DAAAAAAMMM,LOL.

Hey where can you find old picks of the MDC cruisers?

Now that I think of it when I worked for PArk Rangers I used to go to the Summer st. MDC building and even there I never really saw to much old MDC Police photo's

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.