Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reminder to officers and department procurement officers.
The OJP will start open enrollment for their vest program in about 4-5 months. For those not familiar with the program, it is a Federal grant system that will repay Departments for up to 50% of their bulletproof vest purchases.

This is an EXCELLENT program that helps defray lifecycle replacement of older vests, gets new vests for existing and new officers. If your department does not participate in this program, please consider joining at the next open enrolment.
All NIJ certified vests are covered, unfortunately this program does not cover K-9 vests.

OJP BVP

This site also has information on the ongoing Zylon material tests and investigations.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do you know what the status is on the last round? The one that had to be submitted in April? We applied and were told the 50% from the feds was approved but no word from the State? I was told I would be receiving an email as soon as it is approved!! Is this correct or does it work some other way?

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
You should have gotten an e-mail and you should have gotten a packet with the funding amount, a list of NIJ approved vests, and a reminder of your accounting requirements for the purchases.

I would e-mail or call on Monday or try and login using your account at the website and see if you have any status updates in your account.

Email: [email protected] Phone: 1-877-758-3787
They are VERY quick to answer the phones...so maybe try that route first.
The link below leads you to the page that lets you look up your department (well all departments in MA)
Awards for 2004

Do you know what the status is on the last round? The one that had to be submitted in April? We applied and were told the 50% from the feds was approved but no word from the State? I was told I would be receiving an email as soon as it is approved!! Is this correct or does it work some other way?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts