Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Jesus christ, when did this board become a bunch of anti-coppers? I thought we were all on the same team?

DPH, you just recently had a Sgt. that was arrested for an OUI, another that was just reinstated after bragging about running over Floyd protesters, another that plead guilty to overtime fraud, and another Sgt. That was arrested for domestic violence.

I didn't see you post those articles. Do you have a vendetta against MSP?
Probably part of the video where the kid is throwing closed fists at someone sitting on the ground that did it for me. No problem with MSP, but I got a problem with that.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
DPH, you just recently had a Sgt. that was arrested for an OUI, another that was just reinstated after bragging about running over Floyd protesters, another that plead guilty to overtime fraud, and another Sgt. That was arrested for domestic violence.

I didn't see you post those articles. Do you have a vendetta against MSP?
And yeah, you’re not wrong to point that out. Do I have a bias towards not posting things like that about my own department? Probably.

·
Premium Member
6,206 Posts
Unfortunately so, One thing I made sure my daughters understood once they where old enough to go clubbing. If you start throwing hands be prepared to accept the results.
It's the old "men shouldn't hit women" mentality. What they fail to realize is that men shouldn't hit ladies so act like one because there is a difference.

·
Super Moderator
6,641 Posts
The agency has done the damage to itself, a few comments on the internet doesn't change much. If they learned how to manage PR better it wouldn't be an issue at all. Instead they choose to hammer nothing burgers, while ignoring or hiding serious criminal offenses and corruption. Thats on them, not us.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I have no issues with breaking balls, sir. This forum is accessible to the public, so why post a negative article about an agency that receives enough negative publicity, on a Cop forum that anyone can view?

The last thing I think to do when I read an article casting an Officer, or agency, negatively, is to post it on Masscops (a public forum).
Dude, if you think the public comes on here to find dirt on cops…you are naive as hell.
If a cop fucks up, they should expect to be reamed.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,537 Posts
Has anyone (especially the public at large and Howie Carr) given thought to what happened BEFORE the recording started and it there any possibility that this man, WHOMEVER HE IS, is simply trying to defend himself? I mean, basically, the swords are being rattled before we even know what the actual issue is. It's disgusting.

Clever editing could make the US Navy appear to be aggressors at Pearl Harbor, fer krissakes.

·
Administrator
546 Posts
If my daughter acted like that and beat on and/or jeweled any guy - I'd fully expect him to respond in kind.

Just because they're females doesn't give them carte blanche to beat on or jewel guys. Guys shouldn't be expected to take a beating just because the attacker is female.

Cops in general shouldn't be out drinking and divulging their occupation.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
If my daughter acted like that and beat on and/or jeweled any guy - I'd fully expect him to respond in kind.

Just because they're females doesn't give them carte blanche to beat on or jewel guys. Guys shouldn't be expected to take a beating just because the attacker is female.

Cops in general shouldn't be out drinking and divulging their occupation.
You think he said he was in LE? If so, that’s just asking for trouble at a Club..

Only place LE should be drinking at are decent bars. Only thing you’ll find at clubs is wannabe gangsters, horrible music and whores.

·
Administrator
546 Posts
You think he said he was in LE? If so, that’s just asking for trouble at a Club..

Only place LE should be drinking at are decent bars. Only thing you’ll find at clubs is wannabe gangsters, horrible music and whores.
Agreed - though we don't know any backstory here.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Mistake #1- you’re a cop and you’re out in public, presumably trying to have a good time and drink a few beers.

Mistake #2- you forget to instantly walk away from any and all confrontations, regardless if you are the one instigating or right/wrong.

Mistake #3- you didn’t notice there are cameras on cell phones.

Mistake #4- those last few seconds of the video. Regardless of context I can’t imagine you just walk over and punch someone a couple times once you’re out of the mess.

I could probably keep going, but I’ll leave the rest to Captain Hindsight.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Mistake #1- you’re a cop and you’re out in public, presumably trying to have a good time and drink a few beers.

Mistake #2- you forget to instantly walk away from any and all confrontations, regardless if you are the one instigating or right/wrong.

Mistake #3- you didn’t notice there are cameras on cell phones.

Mistake #4- those last few seconds of the video. Regardless of context I can’t imagine you just walk over and punch someone a couple times once you’re out of the mess.

I could probably keep going, but I’ll leave the rest to Captain Hindsight.
My club days were over the minute I left school, never mind got into LE. Nothing good ever happens at a club.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,537 Posts
Clubs are for Baby Seals.

The Capt. Hindsight reference was FULLY appreciated in this corner.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts