Officer trying to scare me not to go to court? | MassCops

Officer trying to scare me not to go to court?

Discussion in 'Tickets & Citations' started by Anthony1, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Anthony1

Anthony1 New Member

Massachusetts state trooper gave me a citation for tinted windows he also stated that if i tried taking it to court he’ll hit me with other citations. can an officer do that? can he hit me with other charges or violations that weren’t on the original ticket that was bought to court?

2. Oakum yokum

Oakum yokum MassCops Member

Well in fact he could.
    But , you'll be summoned to the special court, and judge used by MSP. Only.

Check with a lawyer prior to 1st appeal

mtc, Tuna, FTH and 1 other person like this.
  3. Crazy Otto

Crazy Otto Working for the clampdown

Sounds like a scam. Did the Trooper have a tattoo? If he did, he's probably a rogue. I'd appeal it and see if he's for real.

zm88, Tuna, CCCSD and 1 other person like this.
  4. Oakum yokum

Can, someone fill him in about the MSP hat requirements..
    I'm heading to work,. Damn chief just increased our quota...

mtc and Tuna like this.
  5. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

The main goal for your own Benefit is to know 100% if he had his hat on!
    If he did your screwed, and you should fully expect more citations in the forthcoming future. If there was no hat on than you'v got nothing to worry about.

mtc and CCCSD like this.
  6. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

You should definitely appeal it. Make sure you take it all the way to a judge appeal so that trooper has to come to court. Hopefully he'll have to come in on his day off. That's the only way to show him he can't treat you like that.

7. Anthony1

Anthony1 New Member

i don’t think that he had a hat on a
    whats msp??

8. Oakum yokum

Have the judge ask about the hat.
    Judges hate when we don't wear our hat..
    You'll see, ask the judge , to ask him...
    Wait till you see the look, the judge give him...

mtc, CCCSD and kdk240 like this.
  9. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

MSP is Mass State Police

and oh no hat? Well by department POLICY they MUST wear their hats when acting in official duty- since he wasn't wearing it, the policy has been violated and thus so have his actions! Definitely appeal the citation then, you'd be crazy not to esp because window tint is very easy to get turned over (especially since he didn't use a tint meter!!)

Edit: Make sure you add this to the original post as well:

"My truck has tinted windows that are passed the legal limit and i’m aware of that. my issue is that and my buddy pulled into the play grounds parking lot behind my high school to talk, the parking lot wasn’t plowed and my trucks 4wd isn’t working at the time so tried turning around and i broke traction so i just throttled it out so i wouldn’t have gotten stuck. parked in the parking lot where i knew i could get out (snow was heavier in areas bc of snow drift) and 10 minuets later a state trooper pulls up and starts inspecting my truck. taking a picture of my plate, looking at my exhaust, light bar, sticker and doesn’t say anything to me but have me put my windows up 1/4 of the way. Says way to dark and just told me to pay the ticket and pretty much threatened me not to go to court by saying “just pay the citation if you take this to court i will hit you with spinning dounts and tresspassing” kinda stuck here on what i should do. My school resource officer says i should definitely take it to court. i’m taking the tint off and everything i just need opinions on what i should do or if the officer can even say that he’ll hit me with other things that what the ticket was originally for. Thanks!"

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    mtc and CCCSD like this.
  10. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

I’m friggin DYING over here...

mtc and Tuna like this.
  11. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

Secretly the trooper wants to go to court. Being this close to the end of the month I'm sure he want credit for those extra citations because when they make the quota the prize is a toaster.

12. Oakum yokum

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  13. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

Hey wait a minute. I don't need another toster. Mrs. 240 will leave me. What about the new 54 in oled,t.v. ive been hearing about. She'd Love that for the game.
    Fuck it, if my administration is back to pulling the same bs, I'm not writing anymore v's!

mtc and Tuna like this.
  14. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

They really should go to a point system for you guys. You could collect points and then redeem them. Kind of like the old S&H Greenstamps program.

mtc and Tuna like this.
  15. Oakum yokum

Holy shit. Greenstamps,. I remember them,. My grandma saved for a toaster

mtc likes this.
  16. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

I remember those things. Always in an envelope in my grandfathers closet next to the old spice.

17. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

I used to trade those in when I was a kid. Saturday morning ride to the trade in place. Good times...

18. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Feels appropriate.....

Hush, CCCSD, mtc and 1 other person like this.