Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[-X Another Black Eye

Off-duty officer arrested at rest area

SWANSEA -- An off-duty Fall River police lieutenant was arrested by state police yesterday at an Interstate 195 rest area on charges of indecent exposure and unnatural acts.
Eduardo M. Raposo, 47, of Swansea was arrested about 12:35 p.m. in the westbound rest area in Swansea, according to a state police spokeswoman.
Lt. Jeffrey Cardoza, the head of the Fall River Police Department's Professional Standards Division, said yesterday that Lt. Raposo has been suspended with pay, effective immediately.
Lt. Cardoza said an internal investigation will be conducted into the arrest and he expects the department to hold a press conference today.
The state police spokeswoman declined to provide the details of Lt. Raposo's arrest, saying it might jeopardize their case.
Lt. Raposo, who is assigned to the Fall River Police Department's Uniform Division, is scheduled to be arraigned today in Fall River District Court.

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
Well, this hits home... Hard. I know Ed on a personal level, I grew up with his son.

While I haven't seen him in a few years, he was always, at leat to me, his son, and his wife, a great guy. Even gave me some stuff from his uniform for Haloween once......

Sometimes you never know....

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
You said it Curious.. Sometimes you never know.
Sometimes the nicest, most simple people living amongst us have the darkest secrets.

The guys life is ruined now because of a gigantic lack in judgement.
What I dont get is why these "alternative" types frequent the rest stops \ areas.
Arent there enough legitimate outlets like bars and clubs where homosexuals can meet and "greet" legally? Why chance a friggin rest area??

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
And let's all give your brother a break, until something is released.

For all we know, he was getting a little oral satisfaction from a mistress, or his girlfriend (I think a lot of people have done that there.. :D ) . I have no idea if he's still married, as I no longer live anywhere near there, and lost touch with him and his son. That rest area (especialy its Eastbound counterpart) sure have a history of homosexual activity, but thats no reason to conclude anything.
He's been an officer forever. Worked Vice, then was head of PR for the dept for a while before going back to Vice ( I think). I'm sure theres a few dozen members on here that have experienced him on duty, so I think some of you can vouch for him as an officer....

Also, doesn't "urinating in public" qualify for both of those charges?

·
Subscribing Member
397 Posts
I would hope if it was a simple "pee in the park" the trooper would cut him a break. How many cops pull off to a dead end or dead spot to answer the call of nature. My first question (guilty or innocent aside) being a long time cop why did he go to such a place known for un-natural acts? If I'm driving down Portland St in my city at night in my car I'm not going to stop and ask a girl for directions. It's called Common Sense. Don't hang were he trouble swings.

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
I just summonsed two for open and gross lewdness the other day in a popular rest area. Both married w/kids...living a lie.

If it was a heterosexual thing in the rest areas...to go get a BJ during your lunch break...there would be a line in the BDL all the way to Florida.

·
Registered
71 Posts
For simply taking a "pee in the park" one doesn't get charged with un-natural acts. He had to be doing something with someone and hopefully it was with a female. Or maybe he was just shrimping.

·
Subscribing Member
342 Posts
KozmoKramer said:
Curious, point taken, but "Un-natural acts"??? Thats the red flag..
Koz, read the statues. They are pretty conservative. Plenty of male/female activity that falls into the legal "unatural acts",

·
Registered
19 Posts
All I can say is for having to work with Eddy in an uniform and detective level, he is a very intelligent and nice person. There are so many senario's we could play out in our minds such as " State Police + Fall River Hate fest " to as small as " An over active bladder ". The Un natural sex acts were dropped by my understanding, so that says something there. All I can say to this man is keep your jead up for your wife and family as well as yourself.

·
Premium Member
6,401 Posts
While we have the attention of FRPD, which one of you guys cited my sweet little innocent niece this morning for improper passing in her blue bomber??

As far as the thread topic, well I have nothing to say about it. It will all come out in the end. No sense on passing judgement based on reports from the media, we all know how fair they are.

·
2,297 Posts
frpd26 said:
All I can say is for having to work with Eddy in an uniform and detective level, he is a very intelligent and nice person. There are so many senario's we could play out in our minds such as " State Police + Fall River Hate fest " to as small as " An over active bladder ". The Un natural sex acts were dropped by my understanding, so that says something there. All I can say to this man is keep your jead up for your wife and family as well as yourself.
There is no WAY he was arrested by a Trooper for peeing. I don't care if there is bad blood between MSP and FRPD or not (I don't know that there is). It would not happen.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.