Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DETROIT -- One person was killed and another was wounded early Sunday morning when an off-duty Wayne County Sheriff's deputy shot two masked gunmen who invaded a party on the city's southwest side.
According to WDIV-TV (Channel 4), the incident occurred at about 4:30 a.m. when the two gunmen broke down the front door and entered the home. The gunmen -- armed with a shotgun and a handgun -- ordered everyone to hit the floor, and then started shooting.
The deputy returned fire and hit one of the gunmen -- identified as a 25-year-old resident of Clinton Township -- in the head, killing him. The second masked gunman was also wounded but escaped from the home.
"No matter where you are, people are trying to get you," said homeowner Victor Akrawi.
"After he was shot, I pulled his mask off, and I didn't know who he was."
According to police, shortly after the incident, a man called EMS from McDougal and Woodridge -- located just a few blocks from the home -- saying he had been shot down by the Detroit River. Responding police identified him as the second gunman from the party. He was arrested and taken to a local hospital. Police are investigating the motive behind the shooting.

DETROIT NEWS

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
Police are investigating the motive behind the shooting.
Maybe the shooter got dissed in some manner or somebody stepped on his new kicks. It's great to see the good guys win but WTF are you doing at an after hours party at 4:30AM in Detroit? More questions than answers on this one.

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I've been at quite a few parties at 04:30 in my younger days but I always locked my gun away. If it had been in Detroit though I don't know about locking up that gun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts