Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Still [] Square
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some officers have this BAD ASS case of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Are we so use to following strict guidelines that everything else in our lives needs order? I found myself falling into the trap recently myself.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
What Is Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder?

Officer Dunngeon said:
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that... :|
What Is Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder?

Worries, doubts, superstitious beliefs all are common in everyday life. However, when they become so excessive such as hours of hand washing or make no sense at all such as driving around and around the block to check that an accident didn't occur then a diagnosis of OCD is made. In OCD, it is as though the brain gets stuck on a particular thought or urge and just can't let go. People with OCD often say the symptoms feel like a case of mental hiccups that won't go away. OCD is a medical brain disorder that causes problems in information processing. It is not your fault or the result of a "weak" or unstable personality.

http://www.ocfoundation.org/

G

·
First let's start by saying you should show up to work first before you complain about other members of the dept you haven't been employed for a year yet and how much sick time have you used????? :L: Second your not a NPD officer your a SCPD officer so you shouldnt use NPD patch as you logo so there you have it........

·
Registered
447 Posts
OCD

Smatson. I guess it would depend on the dept. You dept has very strick guidlines and a great set of P&P's so I could see officers falling into that. But I know you are aware of dept's around you that are alot more relaxed (not always a good thing) and/or have no or very few P&P's. I would find it worry sum if officers in that type of dept came down with OCD.

I guess as long as you are aware of it and it does not take over your life you are good.

·
Still [] Square
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
scpd126 said:
First let's start by saying you should show up to work first before you complain about other members of the dept you haven't been employed for a year yet and how much sick time have you used????? :L: Second your not a NPD officer your a SCPD officer so you shouldnt use NPD patch as you logo so there you have it........
SALTY! I am not into bashing other members of my department, so I won't go there. And I think I will keep that patch on there, it is pretty and it bugs you. :sh: You're so awesome 126 - you know I think the world of you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.