Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to see everyone's opinion on different types of OC ??? Anyone have any good or bad experiences with that foam type stuff? Also, if anyone has any suggestions on what brands/types work best that would be great.

Thanks and stay safe.

·
Subscribing Member
383 Posts
I sprayed someone with Foam, and was very disappointed. It took a little while to work, and didn't work to my expectations. When it finally started to work, the effects were not totally what I wanted. It was a direct face/eyes shot even. It didn't help that the subject was doped up, but even still; I wasn't too impressed. That was my second viewing of OC Foam, and the first spray had similar results as mine. I would definitely prefer stream over foam.

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
My boss lets us carry foam or stream, but he is favorable to the foam. I don't like it because like campus officer said, it takes a while to kick in, and it also can be thrown back at you or someone else.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Spray --- 5.5% pepper... 3.5 SHU.... I was sprayed with that at certification .. and I was done within seconds.. I couldn't see and it burned like helll... It doesn't help that I got direct shots in the eyes, down the throat and nose.... :)...

But... then again.. that is what makes it fun

·
Banned
117 Posts
I bet it would be even more fun getting sprayed with the 20% bear spray. Some people need to be sprayed with 20% because the less concentrated stuff doesnt work on them. I bet they spray themselves every day so their body gets used to it. Seen guys that get sprayed with 5.5% and it doesnt phase them. Thats when you dump the canister at their eyes to obstruct their vision and you then gotta move like lightning to cuff them. That is the only way that stuff will work on someone. I recommend having 20% in your inventory just in case you come across someone like that. Anybody even know how many SHUs 20% has?

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Me and another guy, who is of Asian decent, got sprayed side by side with Sabre 10%, 2 million SHU stream. It burned like a mother******! I couldn't open my eyes for about 30 min. Not once did he even use water or anything and opened his eyes in less than a minute! :shock: I was told since i use gel shaving foam it makes it worse by an OC instructor and my light, irish skin don't help. Man did he made me look like a wuss! :F:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Me and another guy, who is of Asian decent, got sprayed side by side with Sabre 10%, 2 million SHU stream. It burned like a mother******! I couldn't open my eyes for about 30 min. Not once did he even use water or anything and opened his eyes in less than a minute! :shock: I was told since i use gel shaving foam it makes it worse by an OC instructor and my light, irish skin don't help. Man did he made me look like a wuss! :F:
This makes me wonder if people who typically eat very spicy foods have a higher tolerance to OC?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am right there with you... I barely got a chance at the water... before the guy behind me was getting to it.... and let me tell you.. I didn't realize my nose held that much snot... lol.... and the fair skin and irish blood doesn't help......

·
Subscribing Member
1,442 Posts
Water ? ? ? WHat water
When I was trained we were not allowed to use water we just sat and enjoyed it. Chuck told me I was a big disappointment. Ya I was the bitch of the class still out of action 50 minutes later. Finally I was allowed to flush my eyes after almost an hour and then I was fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts