Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Obama Tells Leno Qaddafi's Last Moments Shouldn't Be Relished

838 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Kilvinsky 
#1 ·
Oct. 26 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama said no one should take enjoyment from the images of Muammar Qaddafi's final moments after he was captured while trying to escape his besieged hometown in Libya last week.
"That's not something that I think we should relish," Obama said yesterday on NBC's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno." He cited his refusal to release photographs of Osama bin Laden after the al-Qaeda founder was killed by U.S. Navy SEALs in May in Pakistan.
"There's a certain decorum with which you treat the dead, even if it's somebody who has done terrible things," Obama said. Still, Qaddafi's death "sends a strong message around the world to dictators that people long to be free."

Read more: Obama Tells Leno Qaddafi's Last Moments Shouldn't Be Relished

#4 ·
But its ok when our SECRETARY of State gloats "We came, we saw, he died"???? Fuck off.

#5 ·
The only reason I heard any of that garbage last night was because I fell asleep with the tv on. Why is he doing Leno (and others) when there is so much more important things he should be doing? Oh that's right, he doesn't give a rat's ass. I was reading the chat while playing on another site today and it was like reading a thread here. Not one person jumped in to say the guy isn't half bad. The only thing that scared me was that while most were leaning toward Cain their backup was Gingritch. I found myself selling Romney and reminding them that the primary needs to be used to vote for a viable nominee.

#6 ·
I guess to a degree, as POTUS, he had to say that. But it might have come across better if he said, "...no one should take TOO MUCH enjoyment from the images of Muammar Qaddafi's final moments..." Thus not only being a 'peace maker' (which in his position, he HAS to do-he's not lucky enough to be us) but acknowledging the simple fact that people all over the world are happy to see that ugly son of a pig die a much deserved brutal death at the hands of his own people.

Cover your bases you ASS!

Sometimes presidents have to say stuff they may not even fully agree with, it's called diplomacy and can do more good than harm sometimes, but of course this asshat doesn't know how to turn it off either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.