Obama administration to offer Immunity to younger immigrants | Page 2 | MassCops

Obama administration to offer Immunity to younger immigrants

Discussion in 'Illegal Immigration Issues' started by cc3915, Jun 15, 2012.

1. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Business opportunity: Mexican rear view mirror flags.
    This could be bigger then PR flags.

Hush likes this.
  2. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

Thank god! I was starting to get worried about these law biding soon to be citizens! I'm glad the federal deductions on my LES are going towards them! I'll be over here by the kool aid grabbing my ankles ;)

3. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Mexican President thanks Obama for New Immigration Policy

[​IMG]
    President Barack Obama and Mexican President Felipe Calderon (AP Photo)

LOS CABOS, Mexico - The Mexican president and host of the G20 Summit praised President Obama for his administration's new immigration policy announced last week. "I would like to thank personally, and on behalf of the Mexican nation, President Barack Obama for his valuable decision by executive order to give an opportunity for young people who were not born in the United States," President Felipe Calderón said Monday morning.
    On Friday the American leader announced a halt to the deportation of young illegal immigrants brought to the U. S. before the age of 16, if they meet a list of criteria including living in the country for at least five continuous years and having no criminal record. The Obama administration says this will cut down on low priority deportations and free up resources for the Department of Homeland Security to focus on higher security threats. Critics say the policy shift amounts to backdoor amnesty for illegals.
    Speaking in Spanish at their first bilateral meeting of the summit, Calderon called the decision a "humanitarian action" and "a great piece of news for Mexicans." President Obama spoke of the strong bond between the United States and Mexico, welcoming Mexico into the Trans-Pacific Partnership saying the two were strong trade partners "but we both recognize that growth is going to take place in the Asia Pacific region."

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2012/06/18/mexican-president-thanks-obama-new-immigration-policy?test=latestnews#ixzz1yFFz4E7J

4. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Translation "Now my third world government does not need to support these welfare babies, your's does!"

5. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Voters approve of President Obama’s immigration order, 2 to 1, poll shows

Almost two-thirds of likely voters approve of President Obama’s order that allows more than 800,000 young illegal immigrants to remain in the United States without fear of deportation, according to a Bloomberg poll published Tuesday.
    The survey showed 64-percent overall support for the directive and 66-percent backing by independents.
    Last Friday, Obama instructed the Department of Homeland Security to stop deporting illegal immigrants who entered the US before age 16, have lived here for at least five years, and are enrolled in high school, hold high school diplomas, or are military veterans in good standing. To be exempt from deportation, immigrants also must be younger than 30 and have clean criminal records.

http://www.boston.com/politicalinte...nyz17z355TU54axBFqKK/story.html?p1=News_links

6. Rock

Rock Undefined

Just to branch off this topic a bit. Looking to see what you think of this situation.

An American woman (single / unwed) tries to adopt a baby in the US but is unsuccessful for whatever reason. Goes to another country (for the sake of this conversation call it Thiland) and adopts a two year old child. Brings the child here and raises the kid as a US citizen. Years later the mother dies and the child is 12 years old. Now living with the deceased mothers sister (childs aunt) they try to find paperwork on her and can't. They find out the child was brought here illegally by the American woman 10 years earlier. The child knows no one in her birth country.

What do you do with the now 14 year old?

(for the record I know the person this happened to)

7. Meat Eater

Meat Eater MassCops Member

There has be paperwork somewhere on the child. Has your friend found out when her sister was in Thailand to get the child? There has to be some paperwork in Thailand just to get the kids on a plain back to the states. I hate to say it but the children could've been kidnapped and sold as a black market babies. Each case have their own set of facts and your friend could request a hearing.

8. Rock

Rock Undefined

They have checked for a paper trail and have an attorney. No paperwork except a very beat up birth cert. They believe the baby was a black market sale but can't be sure. They went straight to INS (it was INS at the time) when they found out about the issue. They quickly set up a deportation hearing which was countered by the attorney. Scary for a 14 year old girl that was raised as an American and knows nothing about that country.

Ship her back???

9. Meat Eater

Meat Eater MassCops Member

Rock, i'm sure the girl will win her case. I don't think 850,000 is a real number. The number will soon be over 2,000,000 or more. I think any one who serves in the U.S. military for 4 years and has a clean record should be aloud to become a citizen and not just given a green card.

10. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

I think the biggest difference here is that the mother was a US citizen. I don't know the ins and outs of international adoption, but I've heard from folks who have done it that sometimes the information/paperwork they get is not completely accurate. There were sisters at the gym that my girls took gymnastics at that were adopted from China. The mother was telling me that their paperwork listed one of the girl's birth date making her about 6 months younger than they believe she really is. It wouldn't surprise me if the mother did nothing wrong, but the paperwork was lacking. This is a child who was brought to the country by an US citizen and it sounds like there is no proof that the mother broke any laws. It's a little different than children being brought into this country, by non-citizens, who are breaking the law by entering the country illegally. As useless as I think most of them are, it sounds like the family needs to start petitioning every politician they can and get this sorted out for the poor girl who IMO is just as much a citizen as every other foreign born child adopted by US citizens.

Rock, LGriffin and USMCMP5811 like this.