Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody going to NY for the Oct-18 test? I saw you can take it in Nov in Boston as well. I wonder if I can take both?

·
Subscribing Member
1,059 Posts
hola don't bother going to NY before you have to. Just go to UMass Boston, take the test, get your score and call the QUEST program

·
Registered
31 Posts
I took that test 3 years ago and they still send me invites to their interview. I heard they upped the pay to $40,000 a year but it still isn't enough for the amount of garbage they have to put up with. If your serious about it then best of luck to you and have fun in Hunts Point.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I took the Nov 2005 test at Umass. Three years of ignoring the flyers, I was considering the Jan 09 academy but my test expires 12/31. I take it as a sign. The pay is up but the job still has mixed reviews from the online stuff I've read. The recruiter with QUEST did tell me that if I tsted soon it would be for the July 09 Academy.

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
I met a guy about a year ago who was in the NYPD academy at the time and he said they had two going at once. One during the day 7-4 and one 3-midnight.

·
Subscribing Member
1,059 Posts
same academy, half do days, other half does nights cause they are big. QUEST said July 09? I might go for it then. ha why not

·
Registered
843 Posts
Just remember you must have 60 college credits and no visible tats.

From what I have heard, its fairly easy to get promoted if you can stick it out. Most get burnt out and the high cost of living does a majority of people in. Plus, the mayor always seems to be siding against the PD. Good Luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts