NYPD officer reportedly shot in the head, in critical condition | Page 2 | MassCops

NYPD officer reportedly shot in the head, in critical condition

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by kwflatbed, May 3, 2015.

1. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

I know we're close enough for folks to drive, but Jet Blue is offering free airfare to officers attending the funeral.

http://www.newsweek.com/jetblue-off...ent-attending-slain-nypd-officer-brian-328616

mtc, visible25, FTH and 1 other person like this.
  2. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Jet Blue is awesome once again. Thos flying down, the easiest way to get from JFK to the funeral will probably be on the Port authority Airtrain to the Long Island Railroad. The traffic will be tough any other way.

3. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

I thought you might want to see some great pictures posted by one of Brian's friends.
    He looks like the type of guy you'd love to have a beer with...
    May he watch over his blue family.
    [​IMG]

Since not everyone knows a police officer, I'll put this in terms that anyone can relate to, MY FRIEND MATTERS.
    This is Officer Brian Moore's actual shield.
    The blue and green at top are for Meritorious police duty.
    The bottom is for Excellence in police duty. He had 2 of each.
    [​IMG]
    Rest easy, Brother.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    LawMan3, Kilvinsky, Goose and 7 others like this.
  4. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

5. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Final salute:
    http://7online.com/live/

Commissioner Bratton quoted the following at Detective Moore's funeral.
    Teddy had to be referring to the job as his quote is very applicable:

β€œIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  6. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

RIP Brother....Way to much of this lately!

7. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Thousands of cops pay respects to killed NYPD officer at funeral
    Published May 08, 2015
    Associated Press
    Facebook35 Twitter270 Email Print

SEAFORD, N.Y. – Thousands of police from around the country spilled out of a church into the streets surrounding a slain New York City officer's funeral on Friday, calling for respect and understanding at a time when law enforcement is being deeply scrutinized.

Busloads of officers arrived from as far as California, Louisiana, and Chicago for Officer Brian Moore's funeral on Long Island. As a hearse carried his coffin to the cemetery, they lined up 10 and 20 deep to salute him.

"Brian's death comes at a time of great challenge" for officers nationwide, who are "increasingly bearing the brunt of loud criticism," Police Commissioner William Bratton said.

Only five months earlier, the New York Police Department mourned two other officers who were killed in an ambush by a gunman who said he wanted revenge for police killings of civilians.

"What is lost in the shouting and the rhetoric is the context of what we do," said Bratton, his voice cracking as he posthumously promoted the 25-year-old Moore to the rank of detective. "What is lost is the way we already work together, the ways we get it right. ... What is lost is that public safety is a shared responsibility."

Video:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/0...-slain-nypd-cop-at-funeral/?intcmp=latestnews

8. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

RodneyFarva and LGriffin had the best posts here. Touching and so true. Thank you both for sharing them, regardless of the author's identity. The quote by TR is typical of his brilliance and for Bratton to speak those words when all around us expect us to be PERFECT, is a reinforcement of the simple truth, we're human, but we try.

Officer Moore's tragic and all too soon death at the hands of a filthy animal is all the more infuriating when we realize that there WILL be no marches, no protests. Well, there was one march, by thousands of Brothers paying tribute to a good man. Though not there in body, millions of us were there none the less and are every time this reoccurs, and it reoccurs all too often. When I check ODMP (which I do almost every day) I'm grateful for every day I look in and see the same face that was there yesterday, 2 days ago, 3 days ago, etc. One more day without a loss. Two more days without a loss, Etc. Lousy way to look at things, eh?

God Bless Officer Moore and I think we all thank God just a bit harder, that Officer Moynihan survived the exact same situation.

9. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Thanks, Kilv. Yours was an excellent post, as always.

We don't riot or destroy our neighborhoods but as with every murder, "Our law enforcement community will stand, civilized and stone faced as another one of our heroes is laid to rest and opportunists completely ignore his death, or find some twisted way to use it to further their cause. We will not riot and we will not flood the streets, weeping and wailing, about another life lost, much, much too soon. We will quietly and respectfully mourn his death and take it with us."
    The sea of blue was there holding the line. They came from as far as Australia.

[​IMG]

10. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Thanks for everyone who came down, it was tremendous. Once again, BPD, BPPA, BPD Detectives Assoc. thanks for standing tall like always. We could not have a better freind than the Boston Police Dept.

nemedic likes this.