NYPD officer reportedly shot in the head, in critical condition | MassCops

NYPD officer reportedly shot in the head, in critical condition

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by kwflatbed, May 3, 2015.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

NYPD officer reportedly shot in the head, in critical condition
    Published May 02, 2015
    FoxNews.com
    Facebook15 Twitter10 livefyre24 Email Print

DEVELOPING: A sergeant for the New York Police Department was reportedly shot in the head and chest Saturday, and was taken to a nearby hospital in critical condition.

The New York Post reports that the anti-crime officer based in Queens, was on duty when he was shot at approximately 6:15 p.m.

An NYPD spokesman confirmed to Fox News that an officer was shot and taken to hospital, but wouldn’t confirm where he was shot or what condition the officer was in. The spokesman said the officer was in plain clothes when he was shot.

The officer was the fifth NYPD officer shot in the last five months. In December, Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos were killed when they were shot in the head in their patrol car in Brooklyn. The gunman, Ismaaiyl Brinsley later committed suicide.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/02/nypd-officer-reportedly-shot-in-head-in-critical-condition/

New York Post :
    http://nypost.com/2015/05/02/nypd-cop-shot-in-the-head-in-queens/

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  2. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

PPD54 and Goose like this.
  3. kwflatbed

NYC officer shot in head, critically hurt; suspect arrested
    [​IMG]
    By AMANDA Y. BARRETT and MICHAEL BALSAMO 4 minutes ago
    Content preferences
    [​IMG]
    View gallery

This undated photo released by the New York City Police Department shows officer Brian Moore. Moore, …
    NEW YORK (AP) — A police officer shot in the head while attempting to stop a man suspected of carrying a handgun was hospitalized in critical but stable condition Sunday and a suspect was in custody in the case, the fifth shooting of a New York City officer in as many months, officials said.

Officer Brian Moore, 25, underwent surgery after being rushed in a patrol car to a Queens hospital Saturday evening after he and his partner pulled up in an unmarked police car to a man who was adjusting his waistband suspiciously, police Commissioner William Bratton said.

The officers exchanged words with the man before he turned suddenly and fired at least twice, striking Moore, Bratton said. His partner, Officer Erik Jansen, 30, radioed for help.

"They did not have an opportunity to get out and return fire," the commissioner said at a Saturday night news conference at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center with Mayor Bill de Blasio and other officials.

http://news.yahoo.com/nypd-officer-shot-head-recovering-suspect-custody-064758928.html

4. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Please pray for PO Moore, he and his family need it now more than ever.:(

Mr Scribbles, FTH and visible25 like this.
  5. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Thoughts and prayers for Officer Moore

6. kwflatbed

Suspect in NYPD officer shooting spent over 5 years in jail
    Published May 03, 2015
    FoxNews.com
    Facebook132 Twitter467 livefyre682 Email Print

• [​IMG]
      May 3, 2015: Demetrius Blackwell appears in court for his arraignment in the Queens borough of New York. (Theodore Parisienne/The Daily News via AP, Pool)

• [​IMG]
      May 3, 2015: Residents stand in the doorway of their home, left, as they watch police officers investigate the scene of a shooting in the Queens borough of New York. (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)
    Previous Next
    A man who served five years in prison for attempted murder was arraigned Sunday on charges that he shot a New York City police officer in the head.

Demetrius Blackwell was ordered held without bail after appearing in court in a torn jumpsuit with his hands cuffed behind his back and legs shackled.

He was arrested Saturday night and charged with attempted murder in the shooting of Officer Brian Moore, who remained hospitalized in critical but stable condition after hours of surgery. Doctors have placed him in a medically induced coma.

At the arraignment, the 35-year-old suspect did not enter a plea. He is due back in court Friday.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/0...spent-over-5-years-in-jail/?intcmp=latestnews

7. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Prayers for Officer Moore and his family.

8. felony

felony MassCops Member

Served 5 years for attempted murder??? 5 Years? WTF kind of BS jail sentence is that. No mandatory minimum sentencing in NYC? He doesn't look roughed up enough for shooting a cop.

9. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

Yeah that's from the "fall" he took out the window trying to escape...his mom screaming "oh baby Jesus no!!" In the court is also priceless

10. bok

bok MassCops Member

R.I.P. P.O. Moore...thank you for the ultimate sacrifice within the line of duty.

BxDetSgt and Hank Moody like this.
  11. kwflatbed

NYPD officer shot in the head dies from injuries
    Published May 04, 2015
    FoxNews.com
    Facebook217 Twitter135 livefyre108 Email Print

[​IMG]
    May 3, 2015: Demetrius Blackwell appears in court for his arraignment in the Queens borough of New York. (Theodore Parisienne/The Daily News via AP, Pool)

An NYPD officer who was shot in the head while sitting in an unmarked car in Queens Saturday has died from his injuries.

Brian Moore, 25, died Monday, the NYPD confirmed.

"Condolences to the family of PO Brian Moore who lost his life today. RIP to a true hero. We will never forget. #Hero," the NYPD 104th Precinct tweeted Monday afternoon.

Moore underwent surgery for what court papers described as "severe injuries to his skull and brain" and had been in a coma.

The suspect, Demetrius Blackwell, was ordered held without bail Sunday after appearing in Queens Criminal Court. He did not enter a plea to charges of attempted murder.

According to the Daily News, Blackwell likely will face a murder charge.

According to the New York Post, Blackwell has a record of 10 arrests, including five on charges of robbery, criminal possession of a weapon and grand larceny.

Prosecutors planned to present the case to a grand jury before Blackwell's next court appearance on Friday.

Blackwell's court-appointed lawyer, David Bart, said his client denied the charges.

Police on Monday continued to search for the weapon.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/0...ortedly-dies-from-injuries/?intcmp=latestnews

12. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

article-copshot-14-0502.jpg
    Today I was a Police Officer

Today, I will not answer the radio call that your boyfriend has come home drunk and is beating you again.

Today I will not answer the radio call that your 16 year old daughter, who is very responsible, is four hours late coming home from school.

Today I will not answer the radio call that your store has been robbed or your house has been burglarized.

Today I will not stop a drunk driver from killing someone.

Today I will not catch a rapist or a murderer or a car thief.

Today I will not answer the radio call that a man has a gun or tried to abduct a child or that someone has been stabbed or has been in a terrible accident.

Today I will not save your child that you locked in a car or the child you were to busy to watch who went outside and fell into the swimming pool, but that I revived.

No, today I will not do that.

Why?

Because Today I was killed by a drunk driver while I was helping push a disabled car off the highway.

Today I was shot and killed during a routine traffic stop to simply tell someone that they had a taillight out.

Today I was killed in a traffic accident rushing to help a citizen.

Today I was shot and killed serving a warrant on a known drug dealer.

Today I was killed by a man when I came by to do a welfare check because his family was to busy.

Today I was killed trying to stop a bank robbery or a grocery store robbery.

Today I was killed doing my job.

A chaplain and an officer will go to a house and tell a mom and dad or a wife or husband or a child that their son or daughter or husband or wife or father or mother won’t be coming home today.

The flags at many police stations were flown at half-mast today but most people won’t know why.

There will be a funeral and my fellow officers will come, a twenty-one-gun salute will be given, and taps will be played as I am laid to rest.

My name will be put on a plaque, on a wall, in a building, in a city somewhere.

A folded flag will be placed on a mantel or a bookcase in a home somewhere and a family will mourn.

There will be no cries for justice.

There will be no riots in the streets.

There will be no officers marching, screaming “no justice, no peace.”

No citizens will scream that something must be done.

No windows will be smashed, no cars burned, no stones thrown, no names called.

Only someone crying themselves to sleep tonight will be the only sign that I was cared about.

I was a police officer.

Rest easy sir, we'll take it from here.

nemedic, Kilvinsky, BRION24 and 17 others like this.
  13. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

My deepest sympathy to Officer Moore's family and the NYPD. May God watch over and protect them.

14. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

RIP my deepest condolences for Officer Moore and his family.

15. felony

felony MassCops Member

Exactly, in my book if you shoot a cop, you're lucky if you walk ever again. Animals have caught beatings for less.

16. RodneyFarva

Now I have heard stories, some from are from a very reliable source or sources, that the guy who killed Trooper Hanna was attached to a flag pole in front of the barracks and hoisted to the top. or so, I hear.

Goose likes this.
  17. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

The following was written by a Cops wife. Well worth the read. I'm glad she's on our side.

"A police officer died this morning, in New York City, after being shot in the head on Saturday night. You probably haven't heard much about it, but I'm sure you heard that the curfew was lifted in Baltimore. I'm sure you've heard more about the city of Baltimore and a "sainted victim" there but you have no idea that Brian Moore, a 25 year old, with 4 years on the job, had followed in the footsteps of his family when he became a police officer.

He was doing everything in his power to improve the community that he lived and worked in, but he still won't get as much media attention as a criminal, with a rap sheet as long as his arm, because there is nothing to be gained from his death. It will be said that he "knew what he was signing up for" and his fellow officers, in his city and across the nation, will hear that and try to continue doing their jobs, knowing that people feel that way.

Our law enforcement community will stand, civilized and stone faced as another one of our heroes is laid to rest and opportunists completely ignore his death, or find some twisted way to use it to further their cause. We will not riot and we will not flood the streets, weeping and wailing, about another life lost, much, much too soon. We will quietly and respectfully mourn his death and take it with us. Our officers will carry it with them and we will wait at home, counting down the days until our own officer, by the grace of God, retires and then we can maybe have a chance to breathe again. Police spouses everywhere will resist the urge to suggest that maybe a career change would be a grand idea, and will instead support them and pray for their safe return at the end of every shift.

Officer Moore's family is now broken and those cracks will extend far beyond his immediate family, in his little hamlet in Long Island, beyond his brothers and sisters in the NYPD. Our entire LEO community has suffered another loss and we all feel it, because no matter our color, on the outside, our blood is blue and every time it is spilled we lose a little more faith in humanity and become more resilient, in some strange paradox, because without their willingness to serve, the world would just descend into darkness so deep there would be no recovery.

As I write this, I have realized that today is the day that I have had enough. I see, completely clearly now, the agenda driven by the media and the climate it has set. The world is dimmer than it was before and the light shines less brightly every time a blue life is lost. I stand with my blue family and if you don't, then our association need not continue.

RIP Officer Brian Moore and Godspeed.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Matthew 5:9)"

nemedic, Kilvinsky, BxDetSgt and 13 others like this.
  18. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

Rest In Peace, prayers to Officer Moores family as well as the department.

GARDA likes this.
  19. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

RIP Brother Moore.

20. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

I guess now rogue gangs of white people will be marching, shouting, demanding justice and carrying signs such as "Blue Lives Matter" culminating in the looting and torching of the CVS in Queens. That's how it's done right?

felony likes this.
  21. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

Rest in peace brother!!

22. RodneyFarva

I can't take credit for it. The author was anonymous and I happened just to stumble across it.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  23. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

24. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Funeral will be Friday at 11 on Long Island. PM me for details if coming. Thanks for all the support once again. Yesterday PC Evans of the BPD did one of the classiest acts I have ever seen. He ordered all flagas at BPD flown at half mast and ordered all BPD to wear mourning bands until after the funeral of Officer Moore. I can't tell you how proud that made me feel.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
    Kilvinsky, zm88, bok and 6 others like this.
  25. Irishpride

Irishpride Subscribing Member

BxDetSgt,

PM sent, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BxDetSgt likes this.
  26. felony

felony MassCops Member

If anything positive is to come out of this, it should be a grim reminder for all to practice sound tactics. You should never make contact with a suspect, while seated in your vehicle, especially if the suspect is making motions towards his waist band. I hope all stay safe and vigilant.

militia_man likes this.
  27. kwflatbed

Funeral set Friday for NYPD officer who was shot in head
    Published May 06, 2015
    Associated Press
    Facebook5 Twitter19 Email Print

BETHPAGE, N.Y. – Funeral arrangements have been made for the New York City police officer who was shot in the head on duty.

About 50 people, including colleagues from Officer Brian Moore's Queens precinct, awaited as a procession carrying his body arrived Tuesday at Frederick J. Chapey and Sons Funeral Home in Bethpage, on Long Island.

Visitation is planned there Thursday from 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Moore's funeral is planned for 11 a.m. Friday at St. James Roman Catholic Church in Seaford.

The 25-year-old Moore died Monday, two days after he was shot. He had been in a coma after undergoing brain surgery.

He made over 150 arrests and earned service medals in under five years as an officer.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/06/funeral-set-friday-for-nypd-officer-who-was-shot-in-head/