1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Troopers: Driver's BAC was highest recorded in state

12:00 PM Tue, Jul 22, 2008 | Permalink

Brandie Jefferson Email
The Rhode Island State Police apprehended a driver yesterday with what they say may be the highest ever blood-alcohol content recorded by the state.

Just before midnight yesterday, state police went to the scene of an accident on Route 95, near Providence Place Mall. A vehicle had hit a Department of Transportation sign.

According to a statement released by Maj. Steven O'Donnell, the driver, Stanley Kobierowski, 34, was slurring his words and had trouble getting out of his vehicle.

Troopers had to brace Kobierowski, according to O'Donnell, and help him walk to the back of his vehicle, which was blocking the highway, but he resisted, grabbing on to his vehicle. O'Donnell said troopers had to pick Kobierowski up and carry him into the breakdown lane to get him out of traffic.

The suspect continued to struggle, O'Donnell said, but troopers were able to handcuff him. He was too unsteady to do any of the sobriety tests, troopers said.

When Kobierowski agreed to take a blood alcohol test, his first reading was .489 and the second reading was .491, according to O'Donnell, who said this is believed to be the highest ever reading obtained by state police.

The legal limit for Rhode Island drivers is .08.

Because of the dangerously high readings, Kobierowski was taken by rescue to Rhode Island Hospital, and restrained by the staff because of his aggressiveness, according to O'Donnell. He was held in the detoxification unit.

According to O'Donnell, Kobierowski will be arraigned after his release from the hospital.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
his first reading was .489 and the second reading was .491
You have to be kidding. I would love to know how many drinks it took to get to that level of intoxication.

Sad thing is its always the innocent on the road that's taken out by these shit-heads.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
You would be surprised. At the detox unit there are patients who come in early stages (I mean early stages) of liver failure. They keeping coming back 10 times a year to get better. Trying to hide from the courts in some cases for DUIs

·
Maddy B's grammy
2,017 Posts
He definately should have been dead. Must have been a monster hangover. Stupid f*(%.

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Very drunk RI driver pleads no contest

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- The North Providence man who state police said had a blood alcohol level more than six times the legal limit when he was arrested in July has pleaded no contest to drunken driving.
As part of a plea deal, Stanley Kobierowski was sentenced Friday to one year probation, a $500 fine, 40 hours of community service and a one-year loss of his driver's license.
The 34-year-old Kobierowski was arrested after driving into a highway message board on Interstate 95. Authorities said he had the highest blood alcohol level ever recorded for anyone in Rhode Island who wasn't dead.
Police said Kobierowski registered a .489, then a .491, breathalyzer tests. The legal limit in Rhode Island is .08.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO90310/

G

·
As part of a plea deal, Stanley Kobierowski was sentenced Friday to one year probation, a $500 fine, 40 hours of community service and a one-year loss of his driver's license.
This blew my mind until I reminded myself that this would have been a NOT GUILTY in Quincy DC.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Typical Mass Judge: Although I believe the police officer met the threshold of probable cause to arrest the defendant for OUI, I don't believe the Commonwealth has met the burden of proving this case beyond a reasonable doubt. Not Guilty.

Now I have to excuse myself. I have a 11:00 a.m. tee time. Thankyou.

·
Registered
216 Posts
"As part of a plea deal, Stanley Kobierowski was sentenced Friday to one year probation, a $500 fine, 40 hours of community service and a one-year loss of his driver's license."

I told you so. DUI is a joke down here in RI!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts