Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
MassCops Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard on the radio today that Norhteastern Univeristy is gearing up for the Yankkes and Sox game. I guess they do not want a repeat of the Superbowl mess.
Curious how their Campus PD has prepared for future such events..if at all.
Anyone have any inisde info???

·
1,952 Posts
I can ask when I go there in 2 hrs. I am sure there won't be much of a problem for the reg. season games. We didnt have a problem till the play-offs last year and it wouldn't get as big as the Pats unless we were going to the Series.

·
MassCops Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I've been up there before and see that their campus police are dressed in brown uniforms (much like Boston EMS) and dont' carry weapons. I also noticed that htey seem to be assigned stationery assignments in a guard booth. And the management wonders why the kids are off the wall? Tmie to get rid of the vans and buy real cruisers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
northeastern has regular navy blue uni's and they also i have pretty nice "real" cruisers. i don't know where you must have been

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sarge31 @ Sat 25 Sep said:
Well, I've been up there before and see that their campus police are dressed in brown uniforms (much like Boston EMS) and dont' carry weapons. I also noticed that htey seem to be assigned stationery assignments in a guard booth. And the management wonders why the kids are off the wall? Tmie to get rid of the vans and buy real cruisers.
Maybe you should learn more about what you're talking about before you go and make yourself sound like a dope.

NU Police

·
1,952 Posts
Sarge31 @ Sat 25 Sep said:
Yea his proctologist found his head the other day....

Anyways, overnight officers were(are) forced in a few hrs early, no problems

·
MassCops Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, it was NEU I was at and the officers were dressed in brown attire. I guess it was the students or Security officers there. I thoughty they were all one in the same. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I guess visibility isn't their strong point for the campus pd.

Posted Tue 28 Sep, 2004:

I checked out the website and see that police and security are used differently here. However, what is the whole meaning of "Public Safety" on their website. Isn't that a fancy word for "security" now a days?

·
MassCops Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Police, security, public safety EMS........how do the NEU officers handle an incident when it happens in front of them on one of the city streets? It must be a slap in the facce that they don't have authority off of the nEU campus. It's got to be painful to hae to wait for a BPD unit to arrive.

·
MassCops Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, the Infamous "Four Nine"...............and later coined as the "Three niner"

·
Registered
114 Posts
Back in the days of my misspent youth, I used to go party at Northeastern. :D

My experience is that the NU Police takes sh*t from no one. :cry:

·
Registered
371 Posts
NUPD is a good bunch of guy/girls, take their jobs serious and have a good time at the same time.

Speaking as a former Student Cadet!

Don't they look happy! :wink:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.