Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
ABOUT HOW FAR FROM BRIDGEWATER IS NORTHBOROUGH ANYWAY????? HOW IS THE PAY???? QUINN???? WHAT IS THE DEAL ANYONE KNOW????

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Word has it they are looking for a combination of FT academy, college degree and FT experience. They also have reserves so unsure whether they'll hire from within.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Northborough PD is looking for 1 full-time officer. They do have the Quinn and don't have part-timers/reserves. They are/were an accreddited department (nationally). I'm not sure if they still are.

Rumor has it, they are only looking for 1 female officer at this time.

Great department, awsome town...decent pay, nice toys, etc. Don't pass it up!

FYI: They will be hiring a new chief at the beginning of the year. Expect LOTS of changes!!

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
Scooter!

Bridgewater to Northboro is just shy of an hour. I used to drive from E.B'water to Westboro every day(Yuk)Still beats 128 though!

Female P.O. sounds like this might be for you!

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
Well, if I was a betting woman, I would have to guess that Northboro consists of mostly male officers, as most surburban towns do. Female officers are needed for a variety of reasons, and perhaps Northboro doesn't have enough/ANY female officers to cover each shift.

Like I said, I don't know anything about them for sure, but their preference is probably a result of liability issues.

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
I went through that interview process this week. They have no female police officers on the department but they did not say that they were looking for females only;however there were more females there than males.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Originally posted by KCARPY911:
Northborough PD is looking for 1 full-time officer. They do have the Quinn and don't have part-timers/reserves. They are/were an accreddited department (nationally). I'm not sure if they still are.

Rumor has it, they are only looking for 1 female officer at this time.

Great department, awsome town...decent pay, nice toys, etc. Don't pass it up!

FYI: They will be hiring a new chief at the beginning of the year. Expect LOTS of changes!!
Now, I may be wrong, but isn't that discrimination? What would happen if they were looking to hire 1 MALE officer??? Or 1 BLACK officer, or 1 IRISH officer??? Just seems a little unfair to me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was there for the preliminary process, I'm a female, never got a call back, now I read above they already had someone in mind. I am assuming I won't be going any further in the hiring process since I haven't heard back. Of the people that heard back did you hear after the Monday preliminary process?

·
Registered
38 Posts
They had a preliminary interview process last Monday, and then they were going to be calling people back for second interviews, there are no current female officers there, I think the starting salary is $37,000 around there, they're looking to hire one officer and they said there may be lay offs come spring so job stability is uncertain.

·
Registered
16 Posts
FYI: I do know that the letters already went out to those not selected and those that were selected to continue further. From what I understand, they are hiring one of three tonight or at the next selectmens meeting.

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Really, well I got no letter either way. Also how can they go to a selectmen's meeting for a hire with no backgrounds done. They told us backgrounds would take a while and that would only happen after the one-on-one interviews. The letter were supposed to go out by Friday or Safturday last week to announce the second stage of interviews. I doubt it very much that the Selectmen will announce a candidate tonight.

G

·
they very well may have a canidate in mind, i also went to they interview on monday morning. they said they would be a second group of 7 coming in the afternoon. to bring the total t oa possible 13 canidates if everyone showed. one kid already had the full-time academy and was a life time resident. so they is my choice for the position. the morning group consisted of three girls and three guys. all high caliber people i thought. congrats to whoever got it. hey JB dont i know you? tell booty i said whatz up

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.