Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under the assumption that this site was for municipal, state, Federal, and college Law Enforcement Officers. I have come to notice that a lot of people say "when I get on the job", "If I get on the job". I know when I joined this site I had to give an ORI number, station number, and at one point had to send a copy of my ID to the administrator to get access to a certain area of the site. Is anyone who wants to join the site allowed to join now? :roll:

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
The whole purpose with the ORI #, etc., was for access to the law enforcement ONLY section of the board, which is no longer in existence. Gil felt that he didn't want to have to collect any personal information on any members in order to maintain this site which could have later led to any problems with accusations of abuse of private information.

Masscops.com is for law enforcement personnel and those intersted in law enforcement, whether they are looking to get into the field or just searching for information. You don't have to be a cop to be a member.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But at one time it was for LEO's only correct?, I did not know that it was now open to the public.. Guess I will have to be careful about what I say.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
it's always been open to the public, the work related information that you submitted in the past (that has since been deleted) was to access one section of the forum that was intended for LEO's only.

This LEO only section has since been removed because of issues with a non-le idiot filing bullshit complaints with various departments.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are you at liberty to expand upon that? I had heard mentioned that the MSP had been involved in an invest re a website but I had assumed it was the SPAM forum on the union's site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.