Non-conventional cruiser bag | MassCops

Non-conventional cruiser bag

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by GMass, Oct 27, 2012.

1. GMass

GMass Guest

I'm looking to replace my Galls cruiser bag with something non-conventional, due to a space issue in some of our cruisers.

When in the Chargers, I can't fit my Galls cruiser bag on the passenger seat and have the laptop where I like it. I end up just throwing my MV law book and citation tin on the passenger seat, and the bag either on the floor or in the trunk. It's becoming a PIA.

I think if I get some sort of backpack, I can sling the straps over the sides of the seat backrest. That should be far enough away from the laptop mount.

I've looked at some of the 5.11 backpack bags, and they look decent.

I don't have a ton of gear in my bag. Citation holder, m/v law book, two parking ticket books, clipboard/forms holder, small accordion forms holder, tint meter, few pairs of extra cuffs, sharps container.

Anyone here use a non-conventional cruiser bag?

2. Dan Stark

Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

Did you look at any Maxpedition stuff? They have a bag for damn near anything, maybe go small and customize with molle pouches for specific items?

PDrecruit likes this.
  3. ArchAngel2

ArchAngel2 Grand Admin Commander

We have guys that use a plain card board box, or a kids back pack, holds what they need and is small and compact

4. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Somebody makes a bag that attaches to the passenger headrest and rides the seat, ill try to look it up when I get in front of a computer

5. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

6. Dan Stark

Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

7. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Maxim mag and crossword puzzle = no need for a bag....

Juss sayin....

8. GMass

GMass Guest

That's even bigger than my current bag. The issue is that the laptop is in the same place as the foward - left side of the bag (when sitting). I'll take a pic later if I can.

I need a bag that holds my clipboard, etc vertically, so it's more narrow.

9. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

10. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

Definitely put a pic up because the wingman takes up little room. No sure how your laptop is getting in the way.

My biggest issue with the wingman is that it sometimes flops forward, but that's rare.

11. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Mmmmm.....flashlight :rolleyes:

12. sdb29

sdb29 MassCops Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351385052.017955.jpg

What about the 5.11 Bail Out bag?

Dan Stark likes this.
  13. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I use a nylon briefcase designed for a laptop. Works fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

I had one from Galls but never used it because I didn't have a take-home. I just threw the bag in the front seat instead.

15. honor12900

honor12900 MassCops Member

All my crap goes in the trunk. Otherwise I have to put my partner in the backseat!

16. GMass

GMass Guest

Depending on who I'd be stuck with on my job, my bag would stay on the seat and they'd be in the trunk.

I'll try to get a pic before I head home this afternoon.

17. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

Somehow I don't think the pink Dora the Explorer pouch on the front seat generates enough intimidation factor to make it palatable:D

I use a 5.11 back pack on those rare occasions when I'm in a car-got a great "saddlebag" for my bike that holds everything including a spare tire tube, pump, all my cites, etc and a Kryptonite lock-(I'm not the trusting type)
    GSS Gear may have something too

18. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Anyone remember the days BEFORE ballistic nylon bags? I used to carry a Posse Box, and still have it (in my attic).

adroitcuffs likes this.
  19. GMass

GMass Guest

Laptop too low and rearward to.clear the top of the bag. Right now the bag is actually sticking out the door. If I had a bag to.hold the items vertically, as in a backpack, it would fit perfectly.

Posted while GL 90 § 13B

20. Herrdoktor

You need one of these imo.

I actually have a used one lying around if you want it.

21. SPINMASS

SPINMASS Subscribing Member

I have run into the same issue with the chargers. I now turn my bag sideways on the seat, works great unless you stop short then your picking your shit off the floor.

22. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Buckle the bag in or try looping the strap around the headrest.

Sent from my POS using Tapatalk 2

23. GMass

GMass Guest

Where do I put it in my POV? Standing up behind the drivers seat?

24. Herrdoktor

It will fit in your trunk if you drive a car and if you own a pickup you stick it on the passenger seat backwards.

25. Herrdoktor

Also I have no idea how you are able to use the laptop with it swung that far out. Torquing your back while writing reports has to get old :(