Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me, if you are a full time officer in a non civil service department and get hired in a civil service department, do you have to take the PAT test again?

·
Registered
7 Posts
A full time police officer in a non civil service department can not transfer in to a civil service department without having civil service status. PER MGL CHAPTER 31. :cry:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Harley, I am sure patrolman is aware of that. What he is asking is if you are already a FT OFFICER on a NON-CIVIL DEPT AND you get hired off the CIVIL SERVICE LIST do you still have to take the PAT even after taking it already. I did go through this process and HRD makes you take the PAT again, as well as the Medical Exam.

·
Subscribing Member
4,319 Posts
I had to take the PAT test when I went through for the academy(even though I was a self sponsored). Dept I work for is non civil service and I did not have to take it again. It's an easy test, but you should do some running and conditioning a month or so before it to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Harley385 said:
A full time police officer in a non civil service department can not transfer in to a civil service department without having civil service status. PER MGL CHAPTER 31. :cry:
Hey, change that fricken name already!!!! :x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.