No thin blue line in Bristol, NH | Page 3 | MassCops

No thin blue line in Bristol, NH

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by tssi11, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Mitpo62

Mitpo62 Subscribing Member

Por Que?

2. MM1799

MM1799 Subscribing Member

I like my job right now, thanks anyway.
    My point isn't that VSP is correct or you are correct. My point is simply this whole thread makes us cops look like a bunch of people who expect rules to be bent and when they aren't we feel offended.

Think what you'd like about professional courtesy and other departments, but keep it off a public forum. No need to let the public know how other cops feel about other departments and what not. I may agree with your point or I may not.. the public doesn't need to know.

Clear out one of your PM's so I can send you one, sir.

3. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

All clear, sir.

4. VTCOP

VTCOP Subscribing Member

Here is my 2 cent's....A ticket is a ticket, no big deal. I don't ticket other LEO's. I wouldn't expect to get ticketed either. If I do, I'll pay it! Why? Cause I'm wrong, one of the last of a dying bread of people that actually accept responsibility! NOW! If, I stop anyone and they are drunk, I don't care if your the president, I will process. I personally believe there has to be a line somewhere that states we can let go or book'em. Drunks are my line, and thats just me. If I ever get that bad, I would expect the same treatment, actually put my ass in jail, cuz I don't wanna deal with my wife! Ok, let the rants start!

5. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

Next time your off duty, in your personal vehicle and you happen to notice your over the speed limit, take that responsibility and pull over and write yourself a ticket.

6. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

Since I'm a bottom line type of guy, here goes...

Which cop on this entire forum has never given someone a verbal for a motor vehicle infraction? Well if you can do it for the motoring public then you sure as hell can do it for a fellow police officer.

If you're the type that never gives warnings then obviously your an asshole to all around you. Even the guys you work with. They may not say it to your face but that is how they feel.

7. irish937

irish937 MassCops Member

Well put 94c. Last time I checked we have great discretion when enforcing laws. Very few offenses require a certain response. If you live life in black and white, then good for you. I'm sure your truly admired and respected. Does every motor vehicle infraction deserve a citation? Likewise, does every criminal offense need to be charged? I know this may sound strange, but sometimes people have bad days. We are humans after all. The best tool an officer has is his/her head. If you cannot look and think outside the box, who would want you for a teammate? The most effective officers I've worked with are the ones who constantly ask questions and weigh each situation accordingly. Remember, life is not black and white, it's various shades of gray.