No thin blue line in Bristol, NH | MassCops

No thin blue line in Bristol, NH

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by tssi11, Jun 20, 2006.

1. tssi11

tssi11 Guest

Two veteran Massachusetts officers, one with 23 years, the other 18 years riding Harley Davidson touring bikes were stopped and ticketed for speeding (41 in a 30) last Tuesday night during the Laconia motorcycle rally in Bristol New Hampshire. When they offered their credentials the Bristol Officer Badge #4 stated he "didn't care if they were law enforcement"
    Unbelievable as it may be, there are still some of them out there. Beware when traveling that area.

2. LKat20

LKat20 MassCops Member

fscpd907...wanna chime in on this post?? Did you pay that ticket yet??

3. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

Badge #4??? Did he go to the academy with Moses?

4. Duff112

Duff112 MassCops Member

Kinda' makes your blood boil doesn't it????

Multiculturalism is just a nice idea for people who haven't been bombed yet.....

5. MAScrew10

MAScrew10 New Member

They should call badge 1. I suspect that would clear the matter up.:fire:

6. no$.10

no$.10 Drunk Bastard

I would be tempted to write an anonymos letter.

To Whom it May Concern:

Last weekend I had the opportunity to visit your quaint little town. All my life I have found it to be a very relaxing drive on rte 3, and this occasion seemed no different than any other. Being a police officer in a busy town in Massachusetts, I was thoroughly enjoying the rolling mountain by way, thinking how nice it was that I hadn't hit a traffic light in the last 10 miles. As there were no other vehicles in sight, I perhaps may have day dreamed a bit, and wasn't watching my spedometer. It would seem that my vehicle was careening at approximately 41 miles per hour, unbeknownst to me. Now, I don't mean to plead ignorance of the law, for certainly we all know that is no defense, however; the speed limit in Massachusetts is 40 in rural areas unless otherwise posted, and as there were no visible signs, I judged the limit to be similar.

Thanks to officer_______(badge #4), I have been so educated. The officer was kind enough to issue a fine in the amount of $____, as a permanent reminder that the Town of Bristol deals out justice swiftly, with no exceptions. I appreciate the sterness, and would like to extend members of your department the same courtesy, should the need ever arise. And just to be sure that I don't miss out on that opportunity, I have posted the issue on Masscops.com, in order to afford the Bristol officers the same opportunity elsewhere in Massachusetts, should they ever decide to visit our fine state.

Thank you again,

Masscop

7. fscpd907

fscpd907 Subscribing Member

Yes and I learned my lesson. I will never talk on my cell phone again while traveling through the great State of Connecticut.

“Well Sir since you’re a Police Officer you need to set an example for others” 8-[

8. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Bristol Police Department

Chief of Police
    Barry Wingate

PO Box 543
    Bristol, New Hampshire 03222
    (603)744-6320

9. phuzz01

phuzz01 Subscribing Member

While I don't necessarily agree with the officer's decision, I also don't think this is a thread that needs to be on a public forum. We've already seen cases where threads here end up in the news.

10. akman75

akman75 New Member

Maybe the officers in that area were fed up with giving riders warnings in that area due to the rally. Could be that this particular officer pulled over multiple violators that day that were also Law Enforcement and was fed up. Who knows. What goes around comes around.

11. jasonbr

jasonbr New Member

It's the "thin blue line", not "thin blue circle", it has to end somewhere......

12. clancy-dawg

clancy-dawg MassCops Member

Lines go on forever (and they should)
    From wikipedia.org-
    A line, or straight line, can be described as an (infinitely) thin, (infinitely) long, perfectly straight curve (the term curve in mathematics includes "straight curves").

Personally speaking, I think the guy who did this sucks.

13. jasonbr

jasonbr New Member

Line: A real or imaginary mark positioned in relation to fixed points of reference.

Wikipedia isn't a real dictionary . It's more of an expression than a mathematical statement anyways......

Welcome to Wikipedia,
    the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.

I wouldn't want "anyone" editing my encyclopedias.......

14. dcs2244

dcs2244 Moderator Staff Member

Well said, akman 75. Our law enforcement community should endeavor to apply the same standards to policemen (and women...can't excuse...er... forget them) from Bristol, in a show of solidarity.

I know I will.

15. Mr.90/24

Mr.90/24 New Member

We battle as brother and sisters about State and local and the lecs, etc....but to me we're all family.....it kills me that we are hitting each other up like this, no one likes the police guys and girls..we need to take care of our own or no one else will. Good bless Trooper Paul Barry...rest in peace brother!! Good bless the Massachusetts State Police!! Thanks

16. thelastsamurai

thelastsamurai MassCops Member

I had a simular incident with Lowell PD over the weekend..

17. THE RP

THE RP New Member

I had a simular incident with Lowell PD over the weekend..

Bullshit...

18. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

I am curious, were these guys municipal or state police officers, or auxiliaries for some PD, sheriffs, etc?

P.S. Before anybody jumps in and defends their status I asked because I know some PDs could care less unless you are a FT municipal or state police officer.

19. thelastsamurai

PM or contact me, I'll explain it clearly.

20. Irish Wampanoag

Irish Wampanoag Subscribing Member

Well Well Well its disturbing to see that Massachusetts police officer are not the only assholes to each other! We can include NH and CT to our family of asses!

21. THE RP

THE RP New Member

Why don't you let it fly...You threw it out there so if theres an accusation to be made let it fly..

I know this...To be professionally mistreated by a very traditional department like Lowell or the state or other old school places you really need to screw up or you don't carry the credentials to qualify for consideration...What's it going to be samurai...Maybe it's a bit of both..

If you got a V, give me the number and badge number and I will make some calls and get the other side of the story..I know enough of those guys to know that they would take your type claim very seriously, especially on a site like this, where its all very anonymous..

22. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

You live in Lowell and they still banged you?

23. thelastsamurai

Here's an update of what's happening...

For the ticket, its being taken care of at the moment. I'm not here to come on the forum and accuse "any" department of being mistreated. I lived in Lowell almost all my life, actually know a few officers here, but I don't work here. No one is perfect, officers can also make bad judgement, but some judge by the looks of appearance. My car has a TBL, but I never got questioned or my credibility. " I'm not here to bashed or trash any officer, because we all work on the same side." As of right now, everything is cool and settled. End of story.

24. irish937

irish937 MassCops Member

Don't go south, boys and girls. Virginia doesn't like us "Northern Types". Took my $116 V and shut my mouth because, "We don't do that down here." He was referring to consideration. He went on to explain that if I was going such and such a speed more, he'd have me out of the car under arrest. Regardless of who I was. I never gave him crap and immediately apologized for speeding. I was going a little fast, but certainly nothing ridiculous on Rt. 95 at 0200. Thank you very much Virginia State Police. Oh well, I have a few more years until retirement.........

25. HPD104

HPD104 MassCops Member

I couldnt agree with you more. Our good old friends at the T&G is probably already taking notes.