Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neither Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne nor other officials could remember the last time a day ended with three zeros. It likely didn't happen in 1990, when the city logged a record 2,245 murders, said Tom Reppetto, a NYPD historian and author of 'American Police, 1945-2012.'

Comments (38)
By Rocco Parascandola / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 2:00 AM

Updated: Wednesday, November 28, 2012,

The lack of gun and knife violence on Monday may be rare, but not a complete surprise, given that the city is on pace to finish the year with just over 400 murders, NYPD historian says.

No news really is good news -- not a single person was reported shot, stabbed or slashed in New York City on Monday, police sources said.
The shutout seemingly caught the NYPD by suprise, as officials were almost at a loss to explain it.
"Nice way to start the week," said Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne, the NYPD's top spokesman.
Neither Browne nor other officials could remember the last time a day ended with three zeros.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/reported-shot-stabbed-slashed-nyc-monday-article-1.1209204#ixzz2DXAxQ0l6

·
Super Moderator
6,641 Posts
In other words, NY is so bad that no news, is news?

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Cyber Monday. EBT cards were accepted online. Do I get my Intel Analyst merit badge now?

Reactions: USMCMP5811

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,537 Posts
The article goes on to say that: "In spite of the lack of handgun violence, there were 397 stabbings, 1,872

bludgeonings, 490 poisonings, 356 suffocations, 301 intentional drownings, 12 lynchings,82 regular strangulations, 42 people were pushed off a subway platform, 12 were pushed off a building, 2 off a bridge, 9 intentionally impaled on wrought iron fences, 1 shoved into the back end of a garbage truck, 16 were intentionally run over by: a) 9-automobile, b) 5-pick-up truck, c) 1-city bus, d) 1-enraged bike messenger, 3 people were set fire to, 4 electrocuted, 4 during rough sex with: a) 1-a human, b) 1-a dog, c) 2-a fire hose, 4 were blown up intentionally, 1 attacked by a pit-bull, 1 nagged to death by his mother-in-law and one's head exploded while watching "Red Dawn". Said Commissioner Brown, 'We debated long and hard on this one; I mean, the movie is a very disappointing remake of a classic but we weren't ready to say the producers KILLED this guy until we started to watch it ourselves and, well, this is MURDER! Still, I mean, we ain't complaining, it was STILL a pretty good [email protected]$#*&^ day, y'know?'"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts