No-case swivel radio holder | MassCops

No-case swivel radio holder

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by GMass, Jan 18, 2013.

1. GMass

GMass Guest

I'm looking for a radio holder I've seen once, but can't find it now. It's got the belt portion similar to what MSP uses, but rather than a full leather case there's just the metal D device that slides into the back belt slip area of the radio/battery. Anyone seen that before? Know where one can be had?

(Belt portion is similar to whats on the right in this pic)
    [​IMG]

2. ALLCOMM

ALLCOMM MassCops Member

Its a motorola part.

what radio do you have I can get you the part # for that radio. Average cost is $40 which includes the metal "D" for the radio and the belt loop.

I don't have any in stock but can get you one if you would like.

Here is a picture of what I am talking about: http://www.batteryclearance.com/motorola-ntn9179a-2.5-belt-loop-and-d-clip.html

Jason
    Northeast Two Way Radio Corp.

Hush likes this.
  3. GMass

GMass Guest

PM sent

4. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

I think I have one.

5. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

That is what we use. Straight from Motorola shop locally. IIRC, there are (or used to be) two levels of the same holster - one is far more flimsy leather. Get the good one, you won't regret it.

6. GMass

GMass Guest

I thought MSP uses a leather case on the radio. I'm looking for just the metal button to replace my belt clip on the battery. I found a pic of what I'm looking for:
    [​IMG]

ALLCOM is checking on it for me.

7. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

Are you able to toss that shitty set up all together or do you have to have it per regulations?

I can send you the info on a product that won't fly off during a foot pursuit/fight.

8. GMass

GMass Guest

I can have whatever. Send me info.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

9. Herrdoktor

I'm on my to WV on a shooting trip. I'll hit you up when I get home later tonight with a pic and info.

It essentially straps the radio down into an adjustable pouch.

10. HiredGoon

HiredGoon MassCops Member

I used one of those exact set-ups (D-button for radio battery and corresponding mount for the belt) on my HT1000 for years. Loved it. Got it off of Ebay for around 8 bucks as surplus. Wouldn't fit my Ht1250 when I got issued that. :(

11. GMass

GMass Guest

Noice!

12. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Just a heads up - I have had the mounting ears on the back of a HT1000 battery shear off on me from the regular plastic Motorola belt clip, so that may be your weak point rather than the clip or swivel itself.

13. Herrdoktor

This is what I use with the XTS-5000. It also fits the newer/smaller Motorola's. I forget what model the new guys are getting but it's a good two inches shorter than the 5000 and it fits.

The holster is completely adjustable for height and length of battery/radio. I moved away from the swivel mounts because they a.) break and b.) they fall off at the worst time.
    Uncle Mike's makes a ton of holsters included both swivel and fixed. The one I posted is looped directly to your belt and did not unclasp even during a 3 day ground combat class. They have been around forever and you get them dirt cheap.

Uncle Mike's Sidekick
    [​IMG]

14. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

[​IMG]

We got a sweet set-up. I gotta guy that can hook you up cheap, lemme know...

15. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Hate nylon.

Yup. Sometimes our radios sound just as good as that.

USMCMP5811 likes this.
  16. GMass

GMass Guest

I had one of those and didn't like it. The radio is small, and the shoulder mike connection literally takes up half of the side of the radio. Not enough of the radio is in the clip to make it effective.

17. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

One of those in the used holster bin at Collectors in stoneham for a few bucks.

18. Goose

At least you guys have analog radios still...I can understand the push behind digital, but having your radio not work at all in areas with crappy coverage is a pain in the ass.

19. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Wrong. We have been on the digital system for over two years. It sucks dead donkey dicks.

20. Goose

I stand corrected - I was under the impression that since MA is such a "progressive" state, that everyone would still be on analog 400mhz (with the exception of MSP). I didn't know anyone had actually gone to a digital system yet.

21. GMass

GMass Guest

I'm on digital. Sounds better when it works, but there's no fade or static. Either you have it,.or you don't,.like a cell phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

22. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

We did. and we mostly hate it.