Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is it true that NJ says no to HR218? That cops coming into NJ are not to carry and that NJ cops can't carry outside of NJ...

Yes I understand the language of HR 218 but it seems the powers that are in NJ don't....

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
SOT_II said:
So is it true that NJ says no to HR218? That cops coming into NJ are not to carry and that NJ cops can't carry outside of NJ...

Yes I understand the language of HR 218 but it seems the powers that are in NJ don't....
I heard in NJ and NY it's not all brotherhood bliss!!!:alcoholi: :sneaky:

·
Registered
51 Posts
i am not sure of this. i am from nj and have family on the job in nj. unlike mass, a cop is a cop in nj. there is none of this state vs. local vs. corrections bs.

i will check into this, but i would say 99% of nj cops would not bother a brother

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
Yes! but it's that 1% that you have to wory about.

I guess I'll just make sure I have enough fuel in my vehicle to make it through N.J. or fly over it on my way south!
:pirate:

·
MassCops Member
317 Posts
rscalzo said:
Check this link for the offical view of HR218 as posted by the NJ AG's office a few month back...

Section C would be of interest. As usual, NJ isn't gun friendly but does not prohibit carrying in the state.

http://www.njdcj.org/agguide/pdfs/hr-218.pdf
SOT_II .......... Where did you get your original idea that out-of-state Officers can't carry in NJ as per HR218? I don't see anything in that link (provided, above) to indicate that. They are obviously not a gun-friendly state; and there's a bunch of "weasel words" in that NJ AG opinion; but it still seems like it is HR218 "ok" for cops to carry there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.