Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question why do people who are not cops or for that matter are cops feel the need to drive around in cars that look like police cars.
For example about a month ago I had a late model crown vic blow a red light in front of me. The car was black, windows tinted, enough antennas to talk to the moon. So I pause the game on the MDT and stopped the wana - be- mobile. Hell this car had a nicer motorola radio then I have in my patrol car. As it turned out it was not the registered owner of the vehicle driving. When asked why her boyfriend felt the need to have a car that looked like a police car she stated that he was in a club and they all drive crown vics. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am willing to bet the vehicles owner is on this board

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have seen a ton of them, some even with cages. I have yet to see a driver of one of the wanna-be CV that could pass the PAT as they are usually no less than 50lbs over weight. I did have an interesting run in with one driving a CV maybe a week ago I got him on Lidar doing 52/35, he must have known I got him, but oddly he smiles at me and waves. I stopped him and asked what are you so happy about? He said he read in a beat tickets book that if you smile and wave the cop will think you're a cop and you'll avoid tickets. So to add to the effect he added all kinds of antennas, "drive safe schools in" stickers, etc. So I gave him 90/18, 90/9D(tint+stickers on windows)and 90/16(the former police agency didn't remove the siren from the front bumper). Then I smiled and waved have a nice day :wink:

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
I know 2 yee haa's like this. One drives a busted old CV that has a orange and white creamsicle light bar on it and 3 huge ham antennas. He claims he works for the FBI,MA state police arson(despite the fact he lives in NH) and Carroll country drug enforcement, quiete the impressive resume for someone that is 19 and been in out of jail for impersonateing a firefighter twice. If anyone has aol this kids SN is beaner739-----its worth a look cause this kid is a total maroon. I used to hang out with this kid till I found out what a goon he was and I was getting heat from the FD as an explorer for being seen with him. Im glad I took thier advice cause about a month later he was picked up the first time on those impersonation charges. :roll:

The other has always been a whacker and a total pain in the ass. He is an aux. cop in a town somewhere and has a black 04 taurus with a spoiler. The car has VHF/UHF, full set of hidden and deck strobes, full console and he keeps his police jacket in the back window with the "police" faceing out. He has always done stupid stuff like this to his car but this is the latest encarnation, I saw it when he came to join my dept. He tried pulling me over one night back in high school in one of his cars as a joke, which ended up in him getting booted from an explorer post

Both of these kids went to my high school. God why do these people find me. :?

And just so the you dont think the pot is calling the kettle black,the only strobes or aux. lighting I have on my POV are two small foward faceing green strobes for when we get fire or other calls. And its not a CV or Impala

·
Registered
193 Posts
Name: Dean a.k.a. Mr.******
Marital Status: Single and Looking
Hobbies & Interests: Helping people and the community. Party i dunno ask me
Favorite Gadgets: Motorola HT-1000, Uniden Bearcat BC 780 XLT,Motorola MTS-2000,Motorola Spectra and Syntor X-9000
Occupation: E.M.T. Basic, Firefighter A-1, Massachusetts State Police Arson Squad,Essex County Sheriff's Department Narcotics Unit
Personal Quote: No matter how bad things may seem someone else has it worse.Live each day as its your last because you could get killed anywhere anytime. Everything happens for a reason!! R.I.P. April Palmer I will always love you and keep you in my Heart forever!

There's prima-facie evidence of impersonation or being a dink

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Question why do people who are not cops or for that matter are cops feel the need to drive around in cars that look like police cars.
For example about a month ago I had a late model crown vic blow a red light in front of me. The car was black, windows tinted, enough antennas to talk to the moon. So I pause the game on the MDT and stopped the wana - be- mobile. Hell this car had a nicer motorola radio then I have in my patrol car. As it turned out it was not the registered owner of the vehicle driving. When asked why her boyfriend felt the need to have a car that looked like a police car she stated that he was in a club and they all drive crown vics. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am willing to bet the vehicles owner is on this board
Did it have lights? An MSP Trooper came to our station and was looking for a vehicle with the same description (I forget where/whom it was registered to), but I guess the shitbird has been doing some yahoo'ing ( acting like a PO)... he pretty much just wanted to give us a heads up in case we see such a vehicle in town with its lights activated.. apparently he has strobes..

·
1,334 Posts
Name: Dean a.k.a. Mr.******
Marital Status: Single and Looking
Hobbies & Interests: Helping people and the community. Party i dunno ask me
Favorite Gadgets: Motorola HT-1000, Uniden Bearcat BC 780 XLT,Motorola MTS-2000,Motorola Spectra and Syntor X-9000
Occupation: E.M.T. Basic, Firefighter A-1, Massachusetts State Police Arson Squad, Essex County Sheriff's Department Narcotics Unit
Personal Quote: No matter how bad things may seem someone else has it worse.Live each day as its your last because you could get killed anywhere anytime. Everything happens for a reason!! R.I.P. April Palmer I will always love you and keep you in my Heart forever!

There's prima-facie evidence of impersonation or being a dink
That profile is good for a laugh. What a Whacker. I cannot believe with all this guy's credentials there are not more people on this board that know who he is ??? :wacko: Although with all those jobs he must be all over the place and since he has his car posted on the internet for all to see he should not be hard too find. I'll have to look for him at the next fire in town. Does he show up on scene with a K9 to do his investigations too??? :L: Thanks for the laugh stm4710 some good humor is always welcome.

·
Subscribing Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This particular nut did not have any visible warning lights but it could have had hidden strobes.
So is this Mr. ****** a ******? :lol:

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
]...The other has always been a whacker and a total pain in the ass. He is an aux. cop in a town somewhere and has a black 04 taurus with a spoiler. The car has VHF/UHF, full set of hidden and deck strobes, full console and he keeps his police jacket in the back window with the "police" faceing out....[/color]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that even if you are a full-time, sworn PO, you are not granted by default the use of blue lights in your personal vehicle. Am I correct in this? I was under the impression that is was granted for special circumstances, like an officer who performs road details in his POV, etc... :-k

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dont get these people either. Along with our marked units, our department assignes 7-8 unmarked units to the road officers each day. When I first started I thought how great it was to be able to tool around in an unmarked and "sneak up on people". This isnt the case at all, we all know for a fact that unmarked cars are just as easily identifiable as a regular road unit. It's only a matter of time before one of these yahoo's gets flagged down for something that they wont be able to handle and of course ultimately the blame will be placed on us somehow!
Some people are so sparked out its ridiculous. I was on a traffic stop not to long ago with a suspended. My backup notices a kid across the street parked in a private driveway watching and writing stuff down. So he goes over there and asks what hes doing and the kid responds "watching the police" he says "ok any reason for doing that on someones property right here right now?" and the kid says "Cause I'm gonna be the police" he says "ok well are you in the academy now or something?" the kid says "No not yet" . These are the people that give all of us a bad name, the ones who write grandma for doing 35 in a 30. Wouldn't you have something better to do at night other than see the police and decide "hmmm im gonna stop and watch this one"
And to add to the CV issue. Who the hell wants to buy a car thats got 150,000 miles on it, and was previously running 24/7, and beat to hell?

·
1,334 Posts
]...The other has always been a whacker and a total pain in the ass. He is an aux. cop in a town somewhere and has a black 04 taurus with a spoiler. The car has VHF/UHF, full set of hidden and deck strobes, full console and he keeps his police jacket in the back window with the "police" faceing out....[/color]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that even if you are a full-time, sworn PO, you are not granted by default the use of blue lights in your personal vehicle. Am I correct in this? I was under the impression that is was granted for special circumstances, like an officer who performs road details in his POV, etc... :-k
Kozmo,

Under Massachusetts Law, Chapter 90 Section 7E sets forth the requirements for blue/red light permits, etc... procedurally a blue/red light form must be filled out and submitted to the RMV with the signature of the Chief of Police (or Fire Chief if a red light). A couple years ago there was a memo sent from the registry advising the requirements for issuing the permits have tightened so not as many are issued. I believe a person can only have one or two at the most and it is for specific vehicles in the name of the permit applicant. The permit looks similar to the registration with vehicle/reg/owner info etc...

Here is the link, happy reading.

Chapter 90 Section 7E

Note...This also maybe a good read for any/all wannabes on the site that have their cars decked out like a space ship with red and blue lights and are not on the job. The fine is pretty pricey, so before you wire up the car and go flipping the lights on around town read carefully. :lol:

·
Subscribing Member
633 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
You know the more I hear about these blue light buffaroos the more I think they were the ones that bought those police kits from toys r us, rode around on a bike saying "HEY, I AM A COP AND YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!!!!!!" and still use the plastic "METRO SWAT" badges in thier wallets. :lol:

All laughs aside these people can be dangerous though. About 2 years ago there was a few robberies in the Ipswich fire department un-manned Linebrook station and a few others around the area, where gear and airpacks were stolen. The same guy got ahold of either Ipswich or Topsfield police patches, made his own copy of the uniform. He lived an Danvers. He repeatedly raped and molested a 14 year old girl for a about a year. He told her he was a cop and a fireman and if she told anyone he would arrest her or kill her and no one would belive her anyway. Cops stopped him on Rt. 1 in Topsfield with the uniforms in his trunk, he couldnt explain why he had them and prove he was a cop so they took him in on that and found out the rest. Donald Soucy is now in jail for a long time........

·
Subscribing Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think we have found a card carrying member of the club ! ! ! ! ! ! !

So answer the question inquiring cops want to know, Why do you drive old police cars, is it pxxis envy? :L:

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
Hey expsgt 971, did he get ahold of the acuteual uniform from TPD or IPD or just get the patches and make them. I cant remember now its been so long.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.