NH State Police Location Preferece | MassCops

NH State Police Location Preferece

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by southy88, Aug 13, 2010.

1. southy88

southy88 MassCops Member

Any NH Troopers or others familiar with the Department that know how long a new recruit must work in his or her assigned Troop Area before having the option to choose to transfer from their original area to another?

---------- Post added at 19:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

ps. I know how to spell Preference, not preferece. Admin feel free to correct.

2. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I am curious, Do you already have the job?

3. southy88

southy88 MassCops Member

No Sir, just trying to get more familiar with the State of New Hampshires processes.

4. Tango_Sierra

Tango_Sierra MassCops Member

Southy, just send the NHSP an email on their recruitment page
    [email protected] Thats what I've done in the past for such questions. Good luck. Their usually pretty good about getting back to you.

5. vttroopah

vttroopah dirtbaggumus maximus

Troop F.... come play up here ;)

6. The Bad LT

The Bad LT MassCops Member

If you get on NHSP just be happy you got the job. I wouldnt care where I was assigned. You will probably get assigned in northern NH (F-TROOP) Its nice up there but, very rural and narcotics are a growing trend.

7. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

Why do newbies want to ask questions about step 107 when they are on step zero.

Worry about scoring high on the exam, getting through the PT test, psych exam, background check, interview, get hired and make it through the academy before worrying about there you'll be stationed....sheesh.

8. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

somebody correct me please , but was told it's broken down into 3 sectors

north

mid-state

south

south being the preference for it's proximity to civilization :shades_smile:

there was a NH trooper actually recruiting here on masscops awhile back.

if you can find some old posts that gentleman had a wealth of information

9. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Indeed. That reminds me of guys I know getting hired on a job, then having the 'grass is greener' fallacy and leaving for another department as soon as they finish their FTO. I took a 'temporary' job nine years ago, and I'm still employed there...