NH House Bans Guns In Chamber, Gallery | MassCops

NH House Bans Guns In Chamber, Gallery

Discussion in 'Firepower!!!' started by kwflatbed, Jan 3, 2013.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Democrats pushed through a ban on carrying guns and other deadly weapons on New Hampshire’s House floor and in its ante-room and gallery on Wednesday — reversing course from two years ago when Republicans controlled the chamber.
    The ban, approved 196-153, ends at the doors to the chamber, which mean lawmakers and the public can carry weapons elsewhere in the Statehouse complex.
    As many as 10 other states allow the public to carry guns into their Statehouses, generally upon certain conditions such as obtaining a license, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.
    Republicans lifted a ban on weapons in the Statehouse complex two years ago that is not likely to be overturned. Republicans control the Senate and it would take an agreement by both chambers to reinstate the ban. Senate President Peter Bragdon, R-Milford, said Wednesday he has not changed his opposition to a ban and would block its reinstatement.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/02/nh-house-bans-guns-in-chamber-gallery/

2. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

That will DEFINITELY stop the next spree killer, because criminals and psychotics ALWAYS obey the law. :rolleyes:

This kind of stupidity should be a felony.

3. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Seriously too stupid to live right there. It's a never ending battle with these parasites.

USMCMP5811, frank, corsair and 2 others like this.
  4. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

Now a potential pyscho knows where there will be NO armed law biding citizens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I'm shocked that your neighbors to the west (Vermont) still have the most lax gun control laws in the country, but then again, the populace is probably too stoned to give a shit, either way.

Using liberal logic, Vermont should have the most firearms-involved homicides in the nation, but I believe they had 4 in 2012.

USMCMP5811, frank and corsair like this.
  6. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Law-abiding citizens will simply stay away from the floor of the state house, making the politicians defenseless sheep.

While it would be tragic if a psycho opened fire on the floor of the state house, it would also be humorously ironic.

mtc, USMCMP5811, 7costanza and 3 others like this.
  7. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

I've always said VT is one bad incident away from going full retard. You are right though, using the Brady Campaign's grading system VT should be flowing red with innocents blood.

I hope they maintain their laws like they are.

Delta784 likes this.
  8. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

9. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

What did I tell you about VT?

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/s...un-and-magazine-ban-proposal-next-monday.aspx

It will more than likely go no where, but the fact that there is that amount of ignorance to even consider something like that is mind numbing.

USMCMP5811 and Delta784 like this.
  10. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

sgthoskins likes this.
  11. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

It never ends and we all have to pay attention and keep up the fight. However I think fighting at the ballot box ended last November. The "Free Shit Army" is too large and now out number us...

mtc, Delta784, lofu and 1 other person like this.
  12. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Not really....apathy is now our enemy. If even half the registered Republicans who didn't vote in November showed up and voted their party, Romney would have won in a landslide.

corsair and MSP75 like this.