Next Reading R/I Academy, are you going? | Page 2 | MassCops

Next Reading R/I Academy, are you going?

Discussion in 'Reserve / Auxiliary' started by AOfficer2009, Aug 9, 2009.

1. bowski_77

bowski_77 MassCops Member

what is the dress code?

2. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

In WMass we wore Navy Blue polo, khaki pants and boots. For DT we wore BDU pants.

Individual experiances may vary.

3. daxxkid

daxxkid MassCops Member

Haha:jump:

4. Foxracingmtnridr

Foxracingmtnridr Subscribing Member

Jesus Christ will you make up your damn mind.

5. cjmajor

cjmajor MassCops Member

I just finished the class in July. You wear the NERPI shirt (provided) and khaki pants will do just fine. Good Luck.

6. bowski_77

did you have a problem getting a sponsor???

7. cjmajor

cjmajor MassCops Member

I am a full time dispatcher for a PD so I just asked my chief. It seemed allot of the people in the class either worked for a PD already or were going to be a reserve somewhere, and then some who had just contacted the local chief's for a sponsorship. Hopefully that somewhat answers your question...

8. niteowl1970

If you actually attend the academy will you need all the answers to the exams, advice on how to decontaminate yourself after you get Pepper-sprayed, and what to look for while doing you're scenario's ?

9. bowski_77

thanks niteowl appreciate all your help.....wish i was as smart as you!

10. niteowl1970

Lighten up Francis..

[​IMG]

11. daxxkid

daxxkid MassCops Member

I can't stop laughing :L:

12. AOfficer2009

AOfficer2009 MassCops Member

Well it starts next week. Who's going?

13. patsfan12

patsfan12 New Member

I wanted to go but couldn't find a sponsor. Tried my town PD and college PD that I attend.

14. Rock

Rock Undefined

If it already started I'll be looking for a bunch of people driving up 128 in their UPS trainee uniforms.

15. kemosabe

kemosabe MassCops Member

It starts on Sept. 18. It costs $1200, 50% is due at the time of application. My local PD has sponsored me, hopefully I can get a job dispatching after.

Anyone else going to Reading?

16. kemosabe

kemosabe MassCops Member

I'll be attending the R/I Academy. I believe it starts on September 18, runs from 8-3 every Saturday. It costs $1200 and I have to get half that in this next week or so.

Anybody else going? Supposedly it only takes 25 people.

17. AOfficer2009

AOfficer2009 MassCops Member

Every Saturday for how long? We have a couple guys going, but they don't know the schedule yet.

18. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Good news, thanks for the update!

19. kemosabe

kemosabe MassCops Member

Sorry about the double posting, thought it didn't work the first time. My Sgt. called me last night to give me an update and told me the schedule is online. I guess a new application is going to be available soon, too.

Click that link below, that's the schedule of everything going on in Reading for the near future.

Reading Reserve & Intermittent Schedule

20. MTA2010

MTA2010 MassCops Member

Hey Guys,

I am unfamiliar with how the process for reserve officers works. After you complete the 9 month training you become a reserve officer for the town of reading only?

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

I am unfamiliar with how the reserve officer process works. I am moving back to Mass in a couple weeks to try and get on a PD. I am interested in signing up for this class. I am not sure where I will exactly be living in Mass once I get back. Do I have to get sponsorship from the town/city I am living in or can I go to any PD and ask for sponsorship? Once a PD sponsors you, what does that exactly mean? Does that mean they are going to hire you once you graduate? I appreciate the feedback anyone wants to give.

21. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Yeah....good luck with that.:teeth_smile:

22. MTA2010

MTA2010 MassCops Member

LawMan3,

Thanks for the information. I have been living out of state for the past four years but moving back to Mass in a couple weeks. As hard as people say it is to become a Police Officer in Mass you have to try and ignore those comments and give it a shot. It is easier to become a Police Officer out west or down south but after being born and raised in Boston and leaving for a few years, you miss it. I already have the CJ degree along with being bilingual(not spanish). Applying to become an Auxillary Officer sounds like a great way to try and get your foot in the door, I will look into that. Again, thanks for your help.

23. TheFranchise

TheFranchise New Member

Does anyone by chance know the deadline to enroll for this R/I academy? I tried contacting them to ask but they're out of office until next week sometime.