Next Boston Academy (New Thread All Posts) | Page 58 | MassCops

Next Boston Academy (New Thread All Posts)

Discussion in 'Boston' started by kwflatbed, May 2, 2008.

1. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

Did you officially change your address in July? If it can be shown you left the city residence....you will not get on. Posting things on this website probably won't help either. The one year residency PRIOR to the test may be a "weird rule" but it's not a Boston rule. It's a civil service rule. Residency maintained in Boston AFTER you are employed by the city of Boston is THEIR rule-10 years.

2. 53019

53019 MassCops Member

If he lived in Boston for one full year prior at least to the 2017 exam that's all that matters. He could move to Mars after that March 2017 exam and it wouldn't make a difference for his eligibility as it stands right now. You only need to be back in the city of Boston if offered employment for 10 years.

How to become a police officer

3. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

He had the 1 year residency before he took the test. Doesn’t matter that he left. He’s just gotta move back to the city by the time
    he’s appointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

What, he said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

6. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

Your soul will be removed from your body..... Delete this damn thread!

CCCSD likes this.
  7. aj255357

aj255357 MassCops Member

General question but didn’t help that you quoted either

8. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

Do some research.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  9. DeltaTango131

DeltaTango131 MassCops Member

Anyone know when academy will start?

10. 8BRAVO

8BRAVO MassCops Member

December

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

11. 02136colonel

02136colonel Supporting Member

12. 8BRAVO

8BRAVO MassCops Member

The article seems to contradict BPD command staff testimony at recent city council subcommittee hearings on how many officers they need....as it is with current class numbers they are still below numbers

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

02136colonel likes this.
  13. 02136colonel

02136colonel Supporting Member

How many does the command staff say they need? I’m inclined to believe them over the globe lol. As far as I’m concerned, the more the merrier off the 2019 test!

14. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

I heard from a guy, who knows a guy, who’s brothers sisters cousins sons brothers uncle has an aunt whose sons cousins brother knows a guy in NYPD who said he heard a guy from Boston say that they were going to have lots of openings in Boston...Market.

Does that help?

:D

Kilvinsky and Goose like this.
  15. LongJourney

LongJourney New Member

I believe the plan is for a class of at least the same size as the one that just graduated (140 started) off the old 2017 list and then two classes off the new 2019 list. The results for the new list are out as of 9/1/19 by the way.

02136colonel likes this.
  16. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

It's come full circle. Many years ago, nobody wanted to be a cop. The pay sucked and working conditions were mediocre. Then suddenly EVERYONE wanted to be a cop. The pay was good, working conditions had improved drastically and the thought of being in the know/having some excitement was a draw.

Then things changed. The Quinn Bill was curtailed in a lot of jobs, cutting pay. Cops can do no RIGHT these days, no matter how right they might be and everyone shits on/sues/ignores the Police. "I don't have to do that, I'll make a complaint!" Even department administrations are turning on their own to save their own jobs. I'm not saying I condone BAD cops, I'm saying, stop crucifying GOOD cops who make small mistakes for the sake of the press. How many cops have done the right thing and still waited MONTHS to be told, "Oh, yeah, you're all set. We won't A) suspend; B) Fire; C) Prosecute you.

Who wants to go through that? The numbers are down DRASTICALLY. We were talking about that the other night at roll call. Just how many are on current lists as opposed to when I was starting out back in the 1880s. I recall taking Civil Service tests where Quincy High School (the WHOLE DAMNED SCHOOL!) was JAMMED with fellow test takers. Now, a few classrooms is all that's needed. I don't blame anyone for not wanting this job these days, no matter WHO employs you. You can't be an authority figure when your authority is undermined on a regular basis...

Thank you Suffolk County DA Shitbird.

Oh, and I meant NINETEEN Eighties.

One last note I neglected. Delta (a former member-God Bless Him) once put it this way, and I've quoted him MANY times. For those who truly feel it's a calling, "It's the worst job you'll NEVER quit." For many of us, that is SO damned true. The job SUCKS in so many ways and yet, if this is what you've always wanted, you can't just walk away. Many have and I do NOT blame them, but for all the shit, all the back stabbing from above, for all the negativities, that one good call, that one good case, that one true bit of real camaraderie, you just can't leave this job, no matter where you work.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Goose and aj255357 like this.
  17. Alfredorder

Alfredorder New Member

[​IMG]

Everything Wrong With The Addams Family 1991