Next Boston Academy (New Thread All Posts) | Page 53 | MassCops

Next Boston Academy (New Thread All Posts)

Discussion in 'Boston' started by kwflatbed, May 2, 2008.

1. Miguel 617

Miguel 617 MassCops Member

Has anyone been called for the PAT?

2. Rogergoodwin

Rogergoodwin MassCops Member

A buddy had his yesterday down in Hudson. Heard it was a joke.

3. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Fat people, like MYSELF, complained of how the PAT was discriminatory against us. The new PAT consists of: 1) Running 10 feet in 1.5 minutes. 2) Being able to carry and or drag 25 pounds a distance of 3 feet in 10 minutes. 3) Being able to get over a 3 foot wall. 4) Doing 6 sit-ups in 15 minutes. 5) 6 Push-ups in 15 minutes. 6) Being able to spin in a circle with your head on a whiffle bat for 10 seconds and then pick out a cannoli in less than 2 minutes. 7) Eat said cannoli in under 2 minutes WITHOUT a cappuccino to wash it down. 8) Stand for 1/2 hour. 9) SIT for 4 hours without complaining.

It's rigorous, but to me, it's worth it.

You have to supply your own cannoli. Other pastry mixed in to make it challenging to candidate is supplied by the state and shared amongst the 'testers' after the PAT is completed for ALL candidates. SO as to keep them fresh, many candidates are simply waved through to keep the process moving at a steady pace.....SO I'VE HEARD! ;)

jt92, pahapoika and Patr8726 like this.
  4. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

9) SIT for 4 hours without complaining.

:D:D:D

5. CC22

CC22 New Member

I guess the first batch of people for the PAT have gone through but Boston seems really behind as they have pushed everything back to September 11, 2017 and there are still a lot of spots to fill. Anyone else on here still going through the process?

6. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

rather ominous.

7. MassM123

MassM123 MassCops Member

I've heard several rumors that Boston will be taking lateral transfers very soon...anyone else hear this??

8. jt92

jt92 MassCops Member

No but wouldn't doubt it, my friend in the Lowell academy right now said instructors have mentioned that so few people took the exam for Boston they're considering another one next year

9. kenzo

kenzo MassCops Member

not sure if accurate but heard that a few surrounding municipalities are gonna send theirs to the Boston academy starting in Dec. would make sense if they're pushing everything back to Sept. though.

10. Rogergoodwin

I doubt that. Boston runs off of the statewide cs exam. They wouldn't give their own test, or be able to get cs to hold another statewide exam.

11. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Seriously doubt the lateral rumors. That was a Davis thing.

pahapoika likes this.
  12. jt92

jt92 MassCops Member

Yeah I doubt it as well, I think he was just highlighting the decline in applicants over the last few years. But they did that under 21 thing for this years test so I'm sure more changes of some sort will come especially for BPD

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  13. TrueBleedBlue

TrueBleedBlue MassCops Member

Hey Team - looks like the scores from the March 2017 CS exam are going to be released in the next few days (it says August 2017) on the link below. Quick question, when we say that everything has been pushed back for September, does that mean the list in rankings, PAT, cards in the mail perhaps? Let me know what you guys/gals think. Stay Safe!
    2017 Police Officer and State Trooper Exam -Massachusetts

14. Rogergoodwin

No, the academy is going to be in September, that's it. The recruits that are going already started the process months ago. This new list will be used for future academies.

15. TrueBleedBlue

Thanks RGW (Rogergoodwin) for the quick reply. I guess that answers the age old question for this thread. Dare I ask again, does anyone know when the next BPD Academy is slated to start? Do you think they would put a class out in December 2017 or is it more likely that they'll have one in Jan 2018 or March 2018?

16. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Summer 2018

TrueBleedBlue likes this.
  17. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Also,

I recant my prior statement about the laterals lol. I guess it is being discussed....

18. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Not sure where you heard that but it is false. Vast majority, probably 90% did not attend the BPD Academy. They had all the laterals at the academy for like 4 weeks prior to starting FTO.

19. jckc444

jckc444 MassCops Member

USAF... there is a lot of truth behind your posts on MC I'm surprised your saying the possibility of laterals is being discussed. Everyone at my station anyways and people from other stations with inside scoops say that it is not an option anytime soon. That could mean with Evans running the show because he has always been a big time City Jobs for City kids type of guy hence bringing back the Cadet Program I don't see Laterals being an option at this current time from what I have heard... New commissioner with a new mayor that may change.

20. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Talk to your union rep, it most definitely has been brought up. Maybe Scribs can chime in lol.

Marty is going to easily defeat Tito and I'm sure he is going to keep Evans on for the forseeable future. Your right on about Evans but the numbers are going to get so bad they're going to have to do something. Did you read the most recent edition of the Pax? I believe the issue was mentioned there.

21. TrueBleedBlue

USAF3424 - is that a guesstimate? I used that awful word on purpose btw.... I'm just asking because I'm wondering if that is already set in stone or is that based on the fact that there's already a class slated for September and that historically it takes about 6 to 7 months for a class to start once the cards are sent out. Thanks for all your help and feedback. 104FWANG - thanks again and stay safe.

22. Rogergoodwin

Just email Lt Chapman. Tell him Roger sent you.
    [email protected]

TrueBleedBlue and Detail Cop like this.
  23. TrueBleedBlue

Roger that Roger or is it 10-4 in LE world! Thanks a ton!

24. 8BRAVO

8BRAVO MassCops Member

In you opinion...or maybe you know why are people dropping out??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

25. 8BRAVO

8BRAVO MassCops Member

For life planning purposes anyone know what the salary is while in the academy....and during your first year?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk