Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
921 - 940 of 1,442 Posts
Does anyone know how many people are in the current class? and if the number is low would there be another class right away? any intel would be great, this hurry up and wait game is killing me.
Lots of drop outs and failures early on reaching over 20 people... but what can you say thats the product of civil service in Boston

Lots of drop outs and failures early on reaching over 20 people... but what can you say thats the product of civil service in Boston
I don't feel like this is the only contributing factor here. The academy is really tough and their physical and academic standards are very high. Even some of the best candidates overall coming in wind up not making the cut.

Oh now they send cards out! right when I accept a Sheriff Recruit position in Florida.

What did you guys score on the test if you don't mind me asking?
You might as well update your address with civil circus for shits and giggles. Residency goes off when you took the test, so you won't lose your spot on the list.

Sent from my flux capacitor using 1.21 gigawatts!

You might as well update your address with civil circus for shits and giggles. Residency goes off when you took the test, so you won't lose your spot on the list.

Sent from my flux capacitor using 1.21 gigawatts!
The irony that you need residency for a year before the test but are able to move out of the city after the test and still get a chance, But if you only had it for 10 months before the test and continued living in the city after the exam you'll get the boot in the background... Luckily that test does a great job of measuring ones police abilities...so yes civil circus it is! :confused:

Hey guys, I'm new here. I got 98 on the Civil Service exam. Haven't received a card. Is it because I'm not a U.S veteran? I am a veteran of the IDF but grew up in Boston. I guess they don't get to find that out until they interview, right? I put my info on the civil service application , but I'm assuming they don't read that. I'm fluent in 3 languages, understand 5, and think I can bring be a positive addition to the 'team'. What I've heard is that the first wave of cards was sent to female applicants and wounded veterans. Is that just a rumor or actually has fact behind it? Any updates would be great guys. Thanks again.

Respectfully,
I.

921 - 940 of 1,442 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.