Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

861 - 880 of 1442 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just took it and passed. Then was told there may not be enough spots. Guess I should change my last name to begin with an A that way I'd have no worries.
Sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to quite a few people who thought they were going to be in 52-13. They should do a lottery like BFD does. Seems like the only fair way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone have an idea of how they pick who gets the spots? I got a 97 and passed the PAT. How do they choose between me and another person who has a 97 and passed the PAT? Is it by alphabetical order?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Does anyone have an idea of how they pick who gets the spots? I got a 97 and passed the PAT. How do they choose between me and another person who has a 97 and passed the PAT? Is it by alphabetical order?
Alphabetical order if 97 is the lowest score for this academy which I think it is.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,341 Posts
I believe that's an Academy Course...
I was asked to teach that course, sadly it was found that I was overqualified since I know how to flip TWICE. I got my rejection letter three days after showing up to teach on the first day. The class went well until I didn't know the BPD code for flipping. Not 13 Charlie or anything like that, I think it was Zero-Flip or something similar. I had to change my resume and everything.

·
Super Moderator
7,120 Posts
I was asked to teach that course, sadly it was found that I was overqualified since I know how to flip TWICE. I got my rejection letter three days after showing up to teach on the first day. The class went well until I didn't know the BPD code for flipping. Not 13 Charlie or anything like that, I think it was Zero-Flip or something similar. I had to change my resume and everything.
You teach at the fire academy? Go save a cat or something...

Sent from my flux capacitor using 1.21 jigawatts

·
Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com
2,963 Posts
Don't worry-the Pole Dancers won't starve, and next week the local chefs will descend on the neighborhood firehouses, go into their well stocked kitchens and create a Thanksgiving meal that would rival the spread at any fancy restaurant...meanwhile the cops that are working will be lucky to get the Turkey Surprise Burrito at 7-11...for about 16K less a year in Boston-sorry is my jealousy showing?

Reactions: dave7336

·
Registered
14 Posts
What are people hearing on the academy? Anyone get a letter? Anyone know anything?
Candidates were told at the time of the fitness test if they were in the safe or standby category. The academy is scheduled to start on December 9th and as you stated earlier, the orientation on the 2nd.

If they need to pick more individuals to fill the academy because recruits dropped or got let go, then you will likely be called to start the academy. Last academy class, their were 18 total persons who either got let go or dropped out. With that in mind, keep on your A game and be prepared. I was in the same predicament with Rhode Island State Police where I did not know if I was going to be called or not and it turned out that I didn't. Luckily, Boston sent a card and I made it to the academy.

Good luck with everything

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts
Orientation

·
5,985 Posts
Thank you everyone. I have received my offer letter into the academy. What should I expect in the near future
Running, classroom instruction, field instruction, gourmet meals, and the respect and admiration of your community.

861 - 880 of 1442 Posts