Next Boston Academy (New Thread All Posts) | Page 44 | MassCops

Next Boston Academy (New Thread All Posts)

Discussion in 'Boston' started by kwflatbed, May 2, 2008.

1. bamlax04

bamlax04 MassCops Member

Curious if anyone has heard anything about academy start date?
    I had my home visit about month and my packet was presented to the board that week. I haven't heard anything since. My investigator told me once they hand over the packet their job is done. Still yet to do the psych and physical, losing hope.

2. DeltaTango27

DeltaTango27 MassCops Member

Several people have already gone through the medical part of the process and are moving on to the physical PAT. I would assume that the academy will start in January.

3. JasonV27

JasonV27 MassCops Member

Has anyone received their letter/call for the PAT test yet? I know the walkthrough is this week they said.

4. bamlax04

bamlax04 MassCops Member

From what I heard, all letters have been mailed to 100 & 99 score candidates. After they complete the psych and physical the 98's will be notified next to fill remaining slots. Scored a 98. There is still a chance!

5. JasonV27

JasonV27 MassCops Member

Ok cause I know there's gonna be a few PAT's this month. From what I checked in the civil service schedule and some even early. I know the 98 field is deep. That's where I am

6. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

My buddy is a 98 and he took the practice PAT this week.

7. hockey8774

hockey8774 MassCops Member

I have an unpatched patrol jacket that is required for any recruit looking to save a few dollars. Nothing's wrong with it, just never got it patched because I have 2 other patrol jackets that my dept. uses. Make a decent offer and it's yours. Figure I'd give you a shot at it first before I post it in the gear thread.

You'll be receiving a gear/item list, double check the style number, but this is the one they've used in the past.

Specs:
    Blauer Style #9915Z
    Size: Large
    MSRP: $334.99

8. bamlax04

bamlax04 MassCops Member

When did he get his letter in the mail?

9. hockey8774

hockey8774 MassCops Member

For those walking outside and checking their mailboxes every day; it's an e-mail. Check the e-mail address you gave when you signed up for the CS test, don't forget to check your spam folder either.

10. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Its not an email. BPD HR sends a letter with the practice date and actual date.

11. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

First week in October.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  12. bamlax04

bamlax04 MassCops Member

Thank you USAF3424 for the info, it is greatly appreciated. Can't remember the last time I was excited to check my mail. I remain hopeful!

13. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

I guess a bunch of 98s passed the PAT today and were told they were in a "tied" group. Should find out in the next 2 weeks whos in.

14. Miguel 617

Miguel 617 MassCops Member

How will they decide who's in or not?

15. bamlax04

bamlax04 MassCops Member

That is unfortunate for me. I scored a 98 and never received a call or mail to attempt the PAT. Do you know how the process works going forward. My investigator has been pretty vague in details about it and my status. I wish they would tell me I'm not being considered any longer so I can move along with my life.

16. JasonV27

JasonV27 MassCops Member

Can we still contact our investigators? I thought they were done with us after the background check.

17. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

The sad part is they wont even notify you that you didn't make it until after the academy starts. I'm not sure how they decide the ties. I think you can guess how its probably done.

JasonV27 likes this.
  18. bamlax04

bamlax04 MassCops Member

Anyone else on here score a 98 and have not done their PAT? Talked to multiple people internally and everyone is telling me something different. Was told there are 65 candidates in 98 score bracket. Curious to see who tested and how their background varies from mine. Thought I would have an advantage as I'm prior service army national guard "not a veteran though" Boston resident 5+ years, and possess a Boston LTC ID.

JasonV27 likes this.
  19. JasonV27

JasonV27 MassCops Member

that's probably why the scoring system was changed on this test. Besides Vets there are far less people tied in the score brackets.

20. DeltaTango27

Dude sorry but none of that matters, they could care less. This the disadvantage of not having a oral board interview (unless you screwed up) and not reviewing resumes to compare candidates. If you are tied in group that large than my assumption would be that they will look at (if they haven't plucked said candidates) language, minority and female candidates in that pile...then of course those who have some juice and not particularly in that order.

pahapoika and JasonV27 like this.
  21. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Boston doesn't have an interview board either??

22. JasonV27

JasonV27 MassCops Member

No they dont

23. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

What the flying fuck is going on with LE hiring in Mass?! No interviews for 2 of the most sought after departments in the state??

I'm baffled. This makes absolutely ZERO sense to me. If anyone can explain a logical reason for this, I'm all ears.

Code 3, Goose and mtc like this.
  24. DeltaTango27

Yes there is an initial interview with a background investigator who is ultimately in charge of the background but that that is basic to any departments process and by no means actually replaces the fundamental piece of an actual oral board interview. Apples and oranges....

Pvt. Cowboy likes this.
  25. JasonV27

JasonV27 MassCops Member

Any updates on the process like academy start date and how PAT's went ?