Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

841 - 860 of 1442 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok, then you're safe so as long as you pass the PAT. After that, it's easy sail from there, until the academy of course. Hope to see you there on the 9th, bright and early!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got a 97 on the test and still haven't received my letter. Talked to a few others who received their letters and they scored 97's. Any idea why I haven't got mine? Never had one hiccup during the process.

·
5,985 Posts
Yes I moved to another location in Southie. Do you think that could be the reason why I didn't receive my letter? Should I contact my background investigator?
Did you leave a forwarding address after you moved?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes I moved to another location in Southie. Do you think that could be the reason why I didn't receive my letter? Should I contact my background investigator?
Yea, that's the issue. Most likely, your letter was sent to your old address resulting in you not physically receiving a letter. A few people is going through the same thing you're going through.

Best bet is to reach out to your BI (background inves to see what he/she can do for you. All you need from the letter is 1, to assure that you're scheduled to attend the PAT and 2, your PREVIEW and PAT ACTUAL date and start times.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yea, that's the issue. Most likely, your letter was sent to your old address resulting in you not physically receiving a letter. A few people is going through the same thing you're going through.

Best bet is to reach out to your BI (background inves to see what he/she can do for you. All you need from the letter is 1, to assure that you're scheduled to attend the PAT and 2, your PREVIEW and PAT ACTUAL date and start times.
I just talked to my BI and I am good to go. I am in for the first PAT. Just wanted to say thanks for the help. Good luck to everyone who have their letters and everyone waiting for their letters.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey what are you guys hearing for the amount of people in the upcoming academy? I took the preview PAT today. Was curious if anyone knew the number they were going to out in.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey what are you guys hearing for the amount of people in the upcoming academy? I took the preview PAT today. Was curious if anyone knew the number they were going to out in.
The gentleman checking people in downstairs said their were 113 total scheduled to take the PAT.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The gentleman checking people in downstairs said their were 113 total scheduled to take the PAT.
Right, but how many of those people are going to get a spot in the academy. Is there 70 spots, 80...? Didn't know if anyone knew the number if spots that were available in the class.

·
Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com
2,963 Posts
For Police PAT you have to hold a revolver at arm's length and pull the trigger 50 times with each hand...for the Fire PAT the test is similar only you use a TV Remote

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,339 Posts
Just took it and passed. Then was told there may not be enough spots. Guess I should change my last name to begin with an A that way I'd have no worries.
Congrats on the pass. I hope it works out very well for you.

841 - 860 of 1442 Posts