Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again we sit stunned, watching the news coverage of a slaughter committed by an active shooter in Newtown, Connecticut. This time, far different from most school shootings, it was not a current or recent student but an outsider who forced his way in to attack the school. Even worse, this time the monster attacked little children - first graders.
Retired U.S. Army Ranger Lieutenant Colonel David Grossman has predicted such an attack for years and he compares his fictional scenario to the 1974 Ma'alot Massacre, a watershed attack on school children in Israel.
Colonel Grossman describes a worst-case scenario in which the attack is carried out by a terrorist team, similar to the 2004 massacre at a school in Beslan, North Ossetia (Russian Federation).
In Grossman's worst-case scenario, the American public will demand armed protection for every school and every school bus. Since our police and military resources are already stretched to their limit, would every school in the country close until sufficient protectors are hired and trained?
http://www.policeone.com/active-sho...inutemen-can-protect-against-active-shooters/

I would have no problem giving up some of my time to make sure my childrens school is safe.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I heard that on Howie Carr they said the CO movie shooter James Holmes specifically targetted that theatre driving further to that one because out of the 6 in his area the Aurora theatre was the only gun free zone one.Did anyone else hear that ?

·
Super Moderator
6,761 Posts
Yes, but don't know how true. Makes sense, but I'm a gun guy and I don't often see gun free zones advertised. Except for dialysis clinics for some reason, where the no gun sign is above and bigger than the no smoking sign.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,842 Posts
I heard that on Howie Carr they said the CO movie shooter James Holmes specifically targetted that theatre driving further to that one because out of the 6 in his area the Aurora theatre was the only gun free zone one.Did anyone else hear that ?
We don't live in a violence free utopia, why would they advertise that everyone at their business is incapable of defending themselves against robbery or murder? So stupid. Feel good signs that will never be followed again.

G

·
Whenever I go to a Simon Mall, I carry in violation of their company policy. What are they going to do, have one of their mall cops ask me to leave and trespass me?

Wow....then my wife wouldn't be able to go buy Yankee Candles and other overpriced crap in an atmosphere of white kids trying to look like black gang members, and welfare layabouts spending our money via EBT on brand-name fashions they then load into their Lexus SUV's parked in the fire lane.

Big loss. They'd be doing me a favor.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,879 Posts
Simon sez...BITE ME!!!!!!!!!:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.