Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ENDICOTT, NY -- A frantic police chase through an Endicott neighborhood early Saturday morning ended with skid marks on a sidewalk, a broken bicycle and a man lying critically wounded in a pool of blood.
Frannlir Villanueva, 20, of Jefferson Avenue, was hospitalized in critical condition Saturday night after being shot three times by a state police trooper in the driveway at 10 Jefferson Ave.
Police say Villanueva pulled a handgun on Trooper Michael Woytach, who had been chasing him for two blocks.
"The weapon was loaded and the safety was off," said State Police Lt. James Barnes, who investigated. He said Villanueva "acted in a manner to put the trooper in fear of his life."
The troopers were in the area around 2:30 a.m., Barnes said, and had gone to the scene to assist Endicott police in investigating a report of a man with a gun. After a bystander identified Villanueva as the man who had displayed a handgun near the Downtown Quarterback on Washington Avenue, Villanueva fled on a bicycle. Trooper Keith Blanchfield chased the bike on foot, Barnes said, with Woytach in pursuit in his Chevrolet Tahoe.
On a sidewalk between 10 and 12 Jefferson Ave., Woytach's Tahoe and the bike collided. Villanueva then ran west down the driveway, and Woytach jumped out and followed. According to police, that's when Villanueva showed his weapon. Moments later, shots rang out.
"I heard 'boom, boom, boom,' " said R.J. Elower, who said he was asleep in an apartment at 12 Jefferson Ave. when he was awakened by the gunshots. He said he heard three or four shots followed by a man yelling, "Get down! Get down!"
Troopers said Woytach fired six shots from his .45-caliber Glock handgun. Three struck Villanueva, who did not fire. Troopers recovered what Barnes said was a .380-caliber semi-automatic handgun.
Neither trooper was hurt.
On Saturday afternoon, the only indications there had been an incident were a black skid mark in Elower's driveway, and a dark red stain on the blacktop near the entrance to Villanueva's upstairs apartment at 10 Jefferson. "The bike was laying in my driveway, all bent up," Elower said.
Police, he said, had taken the bicycle away.
After the shooting, troopers found that Villanueva was wanted on a downstate warrant charging felony possession of crack cocaine. An Ulster County Court judge issued the warrant April 30 after Villanueva failed to show up for a court date charging him with third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Villanueva underwent surgery Saturday morning at Wilson Regional Medical Center in Johnson City, then was transferred to the intensive-care unit, Barnes said.
Neighbors described Villanueva as a friendly man who enjoyed playing with remote-controlled cars in front of the working-class home where he rented an apartment. They believed he lived in the apartment for several months and had a job locally.
"He told me he worked, but I don't know exactly where," neighbor Louise Austin said, as she gazed from her porch at Villanueva's building and a blond-haired boy played nearby. Austin said she had been inside her house when she was jolted by sounds "like fireworks, then it looked like the whole Endicott police department was outside."
Police removed Villanueva's dog from his apartment Saturday morning, neighbors said.
Initial reports that the man had displayed a gun inside the Downtown Quarterback tavern were false, police said.
PRESS & SUN

G

·
WOW. Raises the hair on the back of my neck which I don't have......... Glad the Trooper went home. EFF that scumbag.

G

·
Neighbors described Villanueva as a friendly man who enjoyed playing with remote-controlled cars in front of the working-class home (and this is relevant how?) where he rented an apartment. They believed he lived in the apartment for several months and had a job locally. (I object your honor: Relevance?)
"He told me he worked, but I don't know exactly where,"(on the corner selling drugs stupid) neighbor Louise Austin said, as she gazed from her porch at Villanueva's building and a blond-haired boy played nearby (who will probably be a future customer) . Austin said she had been inside her house when she was jolted by sounds "like fireworks, then it looked like the whole Endicott police department was outside." (Thats because he took a swing at the thin blue line)
Police removed Villanueva's dog from his apartment Saturday morning, neighbors said.
Wow... You media outlets really need to get laid. Is that news that his crackhead neighbors describe him as nice? The remote control cars were probably bought with the money he made selling crack to kids in the neighborhood... and then then BIG BAD POLICE took his dog too? boo-hoo. Go F yourself turd, and remember what happens when you pull guns on police.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts