New Uniforms for the NAVY | Page 2 | MassCops

New Uniforms for the NAVY

Discussion in 'Military News' started by mpd61, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Who the hell is making all these stupid decisions?????

2. CPT Chaos

CPT Chaos Subscribing Member

I don't know but I have 3 sets of Class A uniforms that I soon will no longer have any use for.

3. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I was never crazy about the green A's, but what made the dress blues so special was that you rarely saw them. Now they're going to be everywhere.

I always thought the best looking A's were the khaki pants & shirt with the dark brown jacket like on the left;

[​IMG]

4. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

Some illustrations of the new army blue uniforms:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. USAF_E5

USAF_E5 New Member

The bell bottom dress pants look good as just that... a dress pant/ uniform because that is where the heritage of the navy should be shown. Ive seen the dickies.. they look alot better, and they were only taken away roughly 10 years ago, and that was with alot of opposition.
    Ther purpose of cammo is to conceal.. I have no idea what these will conceal anyone from other than the cookie monster. The air force rejected them because they had no use for them, and the navy picked them up.
    I do have to say, I like the khaki uniform they are now looking at. They came a long way with the design when they took that idea into consideration. The black and grey things they had tested didnt look right... they looked like some JROTC unit.

Thats only because half the army doesnt wear them correctly... they wear them like a chefs hat. I see that with the Air Force as well. Security FOrces wearing their berets all jacked up. Look at most of the Airborne and SF guys... they will show you what a real beret should look like

The Rangers are in Tan berets right now, and I know when they switched to the tan they weren't too happy, and I dont blame them. Some refused to switch over, and they were told they would be article 15'd... crazy stuff. However, Ive been told that if you look into ranger history, they actually started with the tan beret, so they went back to their heritage so that might not be a bad thing. Got to get used to the change, but it is still a B.S concept that we need to give soldiers a beret to raise their morale. Bottom line: You want a beret, then go to the school and earn one.

Love the multicam! Ive been hearing rumour that the army is going to be going to it, and the ACU is going to the air force because they have so many ACUs made... has anyone heard anything about this? Its a current buzz around the units in my area.

6. firefighter39

firefighter39 Subscribing Member

Army "green" Class A will be officially gone in 2014. Phase in of blues will take place over that time period