Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTH?

These new uniforms look like part Marine and part Air Farce...
Yikes!

·
Registered
17,747 Posts
As long as the uniforms are not made in China they are all good

·
Registered
13 Posts
They look just as dumb as those flaming bell botton pants they wear now. With all these service specific uniforms that are coming out, it make me wonder where military leaders are getting their definition of cammoflage, cause I know "unique", and "stand out" are not in the point of cammo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh yea, and the digital uniforms look like the ones the Air Force rejected for being a monstracity and an abomination to humankind.

·
Registered
238 Posts
They look just as dumb as those flaming bell botton pants they wear now. With all these service specific uniforms that are coming out, it make me wonder where military leaders are getting their definition of cammoflage, cause I know "unique", and "stand out" are not in the point of cammo.
uuummmm....with one exception, the us navy hasnt worn bell bottom trousers in a decade. they switched from bell bottom denim utilities to straight legged dickies style pant about that long ago.

the only pants that are currently bell bottomed are the service dress blue 13 button trousers. they will never change. its the single oldest naval uniform and is absolutely spectacular.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
There was talks of the USAF going to Tiger Stripe blue/white/grey cammo....

I thought it looked good....Didn't really understand the need for the potential switch but hey it looked cool...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think the new uniforms look exceedingly queer, but I will point out that the color selection for the 'camoflauge' was not so that sailors could blend into things...it was so that uniform-ruining substances sailors usually work with like paint, grease or anti-sieze, will blend in with the uniform, and the poor squids won't have to replace their uniforms as often. I can support that, as it means more beer money.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I dont like the khaki option, it looks too much like a marine uniform. I think its a change for the better though, the old work uniform (light blue shirt, denim pants, unit ball cap) needed to go. They looked more like dpw workers. This new uniform looks more like naval infantry but I think looks decent. Like i said its a change for the better.

I used to be in JNROTC and we had to wear all that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd take pink BDU's as a working uniform over the 'utilities' that replaced the old dungarees any day. Even the old dungarees were better than the 'utilities'...I'd rather look like a prisoner than a bus driver.

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
I think they want the camouflage black gray and white look to blend into the ships backround so some terrorist from a far can not get a good sniper shot at them on board the ship. Just my assumption!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
The navy is replacing 5 or so uniforms with the khaki shirt/black pants and the digital cammies. It will make the ol' sea bag a hell of a lot lighter. They are looking at making changes to both the SDB and SDW uniforms. For the blues they are looking at adding a zipper to the pants and the jumper among other things and the whites will be opposites of the blues with blue piping on them and a zipper on the side of the jumper. Mostly good changes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You can't get rid of the 13 button dress blue pants with the flap! Where will marines wipe their mouths after they finish giving a squid a bj?!

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
I think that its a horrendous waste of money to have all the different services in different utility uniforms. Camouflage is camouflage and it is only specific to the particular region you are working or fighting in, not what patch is on your shoulder. The BDU was a great piece of gear because not only was it effective, it was almost universally adopted by all services, greatly easing supply issues.

When McNamara got into office, (not that he was great SecDef, but he was smart guy), coming from a background as head of GM, he asked the services many hard questions. For instance, "why does every service have to wear a different kind of dress shoe?"; a legitimate question. "Why can't every service use the same fighter?"; a question that led to the F-111 TFX monstrosity, but subsequently got the Air Force to buy the F-4, and nowadays, the F-35 looks to be a plane for all services. The services should be looking for more, not less commonality.

G

·
The BDU was a great piece of gear because not only was it effective, it was almost universally adopted by all services, greatly easing supply issues.
If I needed a BDU item, it was a lot easier to go to South Weymouth NAS than to drive to Fort Devens or Camp Edwards.

I'll never understand why the military didn't just keep the BDU/DCU uniforms. The Army's ACU looks ridiculous, especially with the beret (another abomination).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts