New Uniforms for the NAVY | MassCops

New Uniforms for the NAVY

Discussion in 'Military News' started by mpd61, Jul 16, 2008.

1. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

WTH?

These new uniforms look like part Marine and part Air Farce...
    Yikes!

2. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

As long as the uniforms are not made in China they are all good

3. KEVDEMT

KEVDEMT MassCops Member

camouflage, for those times when you have to blend into the passageways shipboard......

4. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

Just don't mess with the SDB.. A very elegant uniform.

5. USAF_E5

USAF_E5 New Member

They look just as dumb as those flaming bell botton pants they wear now. With all these service specific uniforms that are coming out, it make me wonder where military leaders are getting their definition of cammoflage, cause I know "unique", and "stand out" are not in the point of cammo.

6. USAF_E5

USAF_E5 New Member

Oh yea, and the digital uniforms look like the ones the Air Force rejected for being a monstracity and an abomination to humankind.

7. rg1283

rg1283 MassCops Member

We should go back to the WWII times when everyone wore khaki of some type.

8. KEVDEMT

KEVDEMT MassCops Member

uuummmm....with one exception, the us navy hasnt worn bell bottom trousers in a decade. they switched from bell bottom denim utilities to straight legged dickies style pant about that long ago.

the only pants that are currently bell bottomed are the service dress blue 13 button trousers. they will never change. its the single oldest naval uniform and is absolutely spectacular.

9. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

There was talks of the USAF going to Tiger Stripe blue/white/grey cammo....

I thought it looked good....Didn't really understand the need for the potential switch but hey it looked cool...

10. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

No more sailors hats?? :confused:

11. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

12. Irish Wampanoag

Irish Wampanoag Subscribing Member

That would be my question also. Mchale's Navy!!! they have to go

13. bleeps

bleeps MassCops Member

I think the new uniforms look exceedingly queer, but I will point out that the color selection for the 'camoflauge' was not so that sailors could blend into things...it was so that uniform-ruining substances sailors usually work with like paint, grease or anti-sieze, will blend in with the uniform, and the poor squids won't have to replace their uniforms as often. I can support that, as it means more beer money.

14. HELPMe

HELPMe New Member

I dont like the khaki option, it looks too much like a marine uniform. I think its a change for the better though, the old work uniform (light blue shirt, denim pants, unit ball cap) needed to go. They looked more like dpw workers. This new uniform looks more like naval infantry but I think looks decent. Like i said its a change for the better.

I used to be in JNROTC and we had to wear all that.

15. bleeps

bleeps MassCops Member

I'd take pink BDU's as a working uniform over the 'utilities' that replaced the old dungarees any day. Even the old dungarees were better than the 'utilities'...I'd rather look like a prisoner than a bus driver.

16. Irish Wampanoag

Irish Wampanoag Subscribing Member

I think they want the camouflage black gray and white look to blend into the ships backround so some terrorist from a far can not get a good sniper shot at them on board the ship. Just my assumption!!!

17. USNMA

USNMA New Member

The navy is replacing 5 or so uniforms with the khaki shirt/black pants and the digital cammies. It will make the ol' sea bag a hell of a lot lighter. They are looking at making changes to both the SDB and SDW uniforms. For the blues they are looking at adding a zipper to the pants and the jumper among other things and the whites will be opposites of the blues with blue piping on them and a zipper on the side of the jumper. Mostly good changes.

18. bleeps

bleeps MassCops Member

You can't get rid of the 13 button dress blue pants with the flap! Where will marines wipe their mouths after they finish giving a squid a bj?!

19. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

I think that its a horrendous waste of money to have all the different services in different utility uniforms. Camouflage is camouflage and it is only specific to the particular region you are working or fighting in, not what patch is on your shoulder. The BDU was a great piece of gear because not only was it effective, it was almost universally adopted by all services, greatly easing supply issues.

When McNamara got into office, (not that he was great SecDef, but he was smart guy), coming from a background as head of GM, he asked the services many hard questions. For instance, "why does every service have to wear a different kind of dress shoe?"; a legitimate question. "Why can't every service use the same fighter?"; a question that led to the F-111 TFX monstrosity, but subsequently got the Air Force to buy the F-4, and nowadays, the F-35 looks to be a plane for all services. The services should be looking for more, not less commonality.

20. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

If I needed a BDU item, it was a lot easier to go to South Weymouth NAS than to drive to Fort Devens or Camp Edwards.

I'll never understand why the military didn't just keep the BDU/DCU uniforms. The Army's ACU looks ridiculous, especially with the beret (another abomination).

21. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

Its the ugliest beret....looks like someone slaped a pancake over the side of their heads.....

22. wolf9848

wolf9848 MassCops Member

If I had a choice in the matter, everyone in the military would wear the MARPAT uniforms in the field, but I doubt that will ever happen.

I think the ACU works fine in Afghanistan from pictures I've seen of Soldiers over there. I think we should have a 2nd uniform, like multicam, when operating in desert areas.

23. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

A beret used to mean something in the Army, something you earned. It used to be;

Green - Special Forces

Black - Ranger Regiments

Maroon - Airborne

Now the whole concept has been thoroughly screwed up. I believe the Rangers wear tan berets now.

24. CPT Chaos

CPT Chaos Subscribing Member

Army makes it official: Green Class A’s done

By Gina Cavallaro - Staff writer

Posted : Wednesday Aug 20, 2008 12:36:20 EDT

The days of the green Class A’s are over.

The Army’s plan to make dress blues the only Army Service Uniform has been approved and soldiers who own the uniform are encouraged to begin wearing it now, the Army announced Wednesday.

The move to eliminate the green uniform is designed to streamline soldiers’ clothing bags while modernizing the way the traditional blue uniform is worn.

The new wear policy was announced Wednesday in an Army-wide message from Chief of Staff Gen. George Casey and Sgt. Maj. of the Army Kenneth Preston.

The most significant change, aside from the switch from green to blue, is the option to wear a combat service identification badge, something that was not allowed with the blues.

“This uniform is part of a larger modular uniform system. It’s the culmination of a transformation effort that began back in 2004,” Preston told Army Times, referring to the development of the Army Combat Uniform and its introduction in May 2005. “The ACU really streamlined the impact on soldiers and, of course, that same thought process was really applied to our dress uniform.”

Preston said the blue uniform has come out overwhelmingly ahead in several surveys of soldiers asked their preference for a dress uniform, and in more than 150 forums he conducted over the past two years.

The vast majority of soldiers also expressed a desire to display their combat credentials, he said.

Other changes include:

• Soldiers who wear green, tan or maroon berets, soldiers assigned to air assault coded positions and military police on duty will be permitted to blouse their trousers with the black leather combat boot.

• The black, tan, maroon and green beret will be permitted with all uniforms. Men and women in the rank of corporal and above will have the option of wearing a service cap, for which there will be a stipend. Commanders will be authorized to determine which headgear should be worn for a particular event.

• During the development of the uniform, a grey shirt had been considered, but the Army decided that white shirts will be worn with all Class A and B uniforms because it “showcases the soldiers’ uniform,” Preston said.

The new uniform will be available at clothing sales stores next summer.

Soldiers graduating from basic training will get it as part of their clothing bag by the summer of 2010.

Clothing allowances will be adjusted, and every soldier will be wearing the blue uniform by 2014.

25. bleeps

bleeps MassCops Member

Hmmm...perhaps I was referring to female marines? Now who's doing the homo-erotic fantasizing...?