New TrunkTracker bct15x scanner | MassCops

New TrunkTracker bct15x scanner

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by j809, Aug 28, 2010.

1. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Man this new sled has these new scanner but it's so damn complicated. anyone know how to program this crap?

2. Simon

Simon Guest

I use a laptop to program mine. I think you need a fucking electrical engineering degree to do it manually...........

3. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

I know and no one left the damn booklet in the car. I remember when scanners were so simple. This thing blows my mind, I must be getting old :)

4. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Took me half hour to figure out the new Kustom Golden Eagle II radar with every lane tracking etc nonsense

5. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

Or you need a great radio room guy. Great scanner, but as more departments go digital you need to upgrade to the BCD996XT. I've had the BCT15 for a few years now and it's good one. Did the LEC grant pay for yours?:shades_smile:

6. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Hahaha no they went soup to nuts brand new one !!! ;)

7. Simon

Simon Guest

No. His was handed down as "obsolete" when his LEC got the BCD996XTXLLEC. Theirs have the ability to block yours out and contact a helo for CAS.

8. SinePari

Summunabitch!

9. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Lmfao!!!

10. topcop14

topcop14 Subscribing Member

I programmed the BCD996 that is in our dispatch and it took a few hours. The first thing I did was wipe out all the pre-programed garbage that it came with. I asked the dispatchers what they wanted and planned it out on paper before I started pressing buttons. You can down load the manual from uniden. Good luck you will need it.

11. SinePari

My radio team sets up profile folders on their PCs in their office with all of the freqs (not freaks, Snipey). Just bring it in, hook up the USB and they tippity-type away uploading it the way I want it. I'm a big fan of using all resources available and they are waaaaaay better at scanners than I am. On/off and numbered channels, that's all I know...

12. Andy0921

Andy0921 MassCops Member

I guarantee there are numerous instructional videos on YouTube by some whacker.

13. rg1283

rg1283 MassCops Member

Get rid of the preprogrammed crap on their.

Hit hold. Type in the frequency you want.

Then it will say add to Quick Save or whatever, hit Yes. Enter

Then do it again.

Simple yet effective.

Ideally have a radio room guy do it. With the Channel Names and pl tones it will only hear XYZ POLICE (labeled).