Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any other departments gotten online for this? We wnet online with it today. It is amazing what you can do with it. Getting the license picture now is even better. The partial seraches is even more amazing.

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
PJ

What did you have to do to get online? Did they install new equipment? Is this through the RMV or CJIS?

·
MassCops Member
132 Posts
The link should already be on your desktop of your main terminal (not available at this time to MDT's). It is taking the them a while to call each dept head rep and set up the first password. We got access a month ago, while another dept down the street just got it earlier this week.

It is through CJIS, to answer your question.

Remember not to violate any anti-stalking laws once you are on-line! :wink:

·
Subscribing Member
530 Posts
im the cjis rep for my dept. CJIS will contact the dept rep them they will download the setup to your terminal. Its a 20min phone conversation with a CJIS operator. They teach you over the phone how to use the equiptment then you train your fellow officers. Its also a password protected system like the BOP file

·
Subscribing Member
502 Posts
We got it today, it looks like its going to be so monotored you gotta change your underwear after using it.

Also they are talking about putting credit history on it. YIKES

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
union1 @ 6/25/2004 6:35:16 PM said:
Also they are talking about putting credit history on it. YIKES
What's the hell for? I could care less if John Doe can pay his bill's I just want to know that I am actually dealing with John Doe and that he is not a threat to me if i stop him.

What legitimate reason would CJIS have for posting their credit history? :roll:

·
Subscribing Member
502 Posts
I personaly think Credit History is going too far. I know many departments who dont do very thorough Backgrounds on civilian dispatchers, now they will all have access to my credit history... notta fan of that!

·
Subscribing Member
530 Posts
Credit History is not comfirmed. As of now its a picture Drivers license info and Registration info only. It does not give a WMS check or BOP. Its also a pilot program so there is lots more work to be done.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Credit History is not comfirmed. As of now its a picture Drivers license info and Registration info only. It does not give a WMS check or BOP. Its also a pilot program so there is lots more work to be done.
Sounds like a typical half-assed project by the state. Roll it out before its done.... lot's of potential glitches... and a headache for PD Computer guys...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Our dept is going to be running this starting in the next couple weeks. Chief said that it will eventually replace R Screens...so is it going to be monitored like with the BOP? Will the phone be ringing asking if we just checked up on "so and so"?

·
Subscribing Member
530 Posts
I dont think the phone will ring but, when it comes audit time be prepared to answer why you checkup on certain individuals. I have seen in the past CJIS call to ask why people were BOP under certain codes.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
It's called a beta test ;)

Sounds like a typical half-assed project by the state. Roll it out before its done.... lot's of potential glitches... and a headache for PD Computer guys...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.