Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at training today for LEAPS, they told us they are doing a new thing with licenses. In the near future when you run a license you will get the registry photo along with the info. It will also allow you to print it out as well. Know you can really tell if someone is lying to you.

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
with what software? the current version of packet cluster?

·
MassCops Member
132 Posts
Memo from RMV says "it is expected that all departments will have access to this appliation by June 30, 2004." But you may need a new terminal. It will be available via Byrne Grant terminals and the newer MIRCS stations. Not sure about MDT's. But eventually.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The new program is basically access to the RMv's net. You log in to a secure website, and from there you can look up a driver's info w/License # or Name/DOB. A registry screen w/photo then pops up. You can print the info, including photo.

There is also a nice search feature that allows you to search for partial plates, all vehicles registered to a person or address, or all licensed operators at an address. It is a nice tool to have and works well as a supplement to LEAPS.

·
Registered
165 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MatchStick wrote:
I can't see pictures from a two-way radio mic.....

I here ya...but the dispatcher will know who is stopped.
You are absolutely correct. The problem there is that a dispatcher can only relay a verbal rendition (no terminal in cruiser) of what they are seeing which may or may not be what you are looking at on the side of the road. Ideally, the RMV would outfit every cruiser in the Commonwealth since it would in turn help to secure there documents and preserve the integrity of actual valid licensure and proper operation. It will never happen, so those of us on the road enforcing RMV regulations just have to be on our toes.

·
Subscribing Member
771 Posts
MatchStick said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MatchStick wrote:

You are absolutely correct. The problem there is that a dispatcher can only relay a verbal rendition (no terminal in cruiser) of what they are seeing which may or may not be what you are looking at on the side of the road. Ideally, the RMV would outfit every cruiser in the Commonwealth since it would in turn help to secure there documents and preserve the integrity of actual valid licensure and proper operation. It will never happen, so those of us on the road enforcing RMV regulations just have to be on our toes.
I was being sarcastic.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
MatchStick said:

MatchStick wrote:

I agree... they should either supply the equipment or provide at least some funding for terminals...escpecially for smaller departments that can't afford such a "luxury" item.. Christ, they (RMV) charge an arm and a leg for various fee's, why not put some of that to good use. increase the seat belt fine by $10 and apply that to a "MDT Fund".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts