Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this from a friend of mine that he received from his union. Is this a done deal now?

STATE SENATE HITS POLICE ON QUINN BILL: The Massachusetts State Senate this week voted to cap pay incentives in the state’s longstanding Quinn Bill Program. The Senate has placed a cap of $6,000 for an associate’s degree and $8,000 for a Master’s Degree. Previously, the pay incentive program used percentages of 10% for an associate’s degree, 20% for a Bachelor’s Degree and 25% for a graduate-level degree. In other news around the State Senate’s version of the budget, that body of the Legislature voted to tighten corporate tax reporting regulations – a move that will enable the state to more accurately track taxable revenue and crackdown on scofflaws that flout their obligation to the Commonwealth.

·
Registered
665 Posts
JB, this wouldn't be definite yet. Probably just part of their proposed budget, it still has to go through a conference committee between both house and senate then back to both full house and senate then to governor then back to legislature...There's a long way to go...

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that might be a misprint, probably 4K/6K/8K. He told me the memo came out 5/29/03, so I don't know if it's going to be something final. :?: :-k

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.