Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Get off my lawn!
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would have given my right nut to get that job (come to think of it, even today amongst all the bull shit going on i'd give my left nut too) he graduates the academy days ago. Now his hopes of any police career are gone.
Picture frame Jaw Sharing Gesture Font

DORCHESTER (CBS) – A Massachusetts State Trooper who just graduated from the training academy is now facing criminal charges in a deadly motorcycle crash in Boston early Friday morning.

State Police said 25-year-old probationary trooper Kristopher Carr of Monson is charged with motor vehicle homicide while OUI and negligent operation of a motor vehicle in the crash. He was arraigned Friday afternoon in Dorchester District Court.
Investigators said Carr was off-duty, driving a woman in a Ford Explorer on Route 93 south just before 1:30 a.m. when he lost control, hit the median barrier and stopped perpendicular to traffic near the Freeport Street exit. He and the woman got out of the SUV after the crash.
Moments later, a motorcycle slammed into the Explorer. That driver, 51-year-old Christopher Zike of Winthrop, was rushed to Boston Medical Center where he died.
Carr was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital with what police said were “possible minor injuries.”
His 24-year-old passenger had a minor injury. She told the court on Friday that Carr went to several establishments and had six to seven drinks before driving. She also said Carr tried to lean over and kiss her moments before the crash.
He was released from the hospital and was booked at the South Boston barracks. Carr is being held on $5,000 cash bail.
State Police spokesman Dave Procopio said Carr graduated from the academy last week and was assigned to the Westfield barracks. He was relieved of duty and fired.

“We are deeply saddened by the loss of Mr. Zike’s life and express our condolences to his family,” State Police Colonel Christopher Mason said in statement.
“Upon responding to the incident Troopers immediately began an investigation that ultimately led to the determination that the probationary member was responsible and that criminal charges were warranted. We also immediately relieved him of duty and then terminated his employment as his actions, as indicated by the evidence, are in direct violation of the standards of integrity, conduct, and professionalism demanded by the Department.”

·
Get off my lawn!
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A 5 year Worcester police officer vet takes the MSP exam when he's at the cut off age (35) and scores a 91. Several classes are taken off that test but he receives no letter be cause of his score, for the sake of argument let's say 3 RTT classes are processed form that list. Now that officer is 36 to 38 when the next test come out but he can't take it, because of the age requirement. Instead the next class consists of 21 to 28 year old kids that just tested well. Ok, sure some have degrees and some may have experience as a seasonal cape cop. The Worcester guy is sol just be cause of his age and the fact he doesn't test well. ....is this not fucking ass backwards?

·
Get off my lawn!
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I took the exam several times, 2013, 2015 and 2017. Thankfully 2017, my third attempt, was the magic number, but it was looking grim there for a few years and I wasn’t sure if I’d ever get on.

Unfortunately nothing will change and we’re wasting time and energy even talking about it.
Praying for you bro I hope you get on!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts