Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
I feel awful for the victim, his friends were on Channel 7 News tonight saying what a great guy he was, and unlike many times when family/friends say that, it really seems like he was. He spent every morning over the Summer tending to a flower garden (on his own time, he didn’t work there) at a nursing home, because he knew the residents liked the flowers.

It’s 2021, there is NO excuse for drunk driving anymore, if there ever was. With taxis, Uber, Lyft, etc., there’s no reason whatsoever to get behind the wheel if you’ve been drinking these days.

Now an innocent person is dead, this kid’s career is finished, and for what? A few drinks?

Sucks all around.

·
Registered
378 Posts
All you people trying to blame this on the exam system need to wake up. This happened because someone got drunk and made a stupid decision, not because of how they were hired.

Police departments all over the country have scandals, regardless of their hiring practices. LAPD had the Rampart Gang Unit scandal, NYPD had the Amadou Diallo scandal, MSP had the Pike OT scandal, etc., etc., etc.

If you can’t get hired by your agency of choice, then play the game harder and smarter, don’t blame it on one idiot who got drunk and was too arrogant to do the right thing.

Sitting back and saying “See!! See!! That’s why I wasn’t hired!!!” is stupid and childish.

·
Registered
378 Posts
It’s definitely more than one.. the 85th RTT has had at least 5-6 fired already. I’m not saying I became a monk once I got on, but you’ve got to conduct yourself differently in your personal life once you’re on, especially for an agency that is as highly scrutinized as the MSP.
As long as police departments have to recruit from the human race, that’s going to happen. Human nature, it’s not job-specific.

My academy class was <40 people; 3 are dead (2 by their own hands), 2 were fired, some left the job before retirement, and a couple are now chiefs.

None of that had anything to do with what departments they were with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts