Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way I can get the new credit card sized LTC to replace my old version? If so, whom do i contact?

·
Registered
456 Posts
If your town has implemented MIRCS, yes you can get a new LTC. You just fill out all the paperwork (or do it online at the PD . . . we don't have it yet, so I'm not sure how this part works), pay another $100 and they will process you as a "renewal".

YES, you have to pay the fee again. Chief Glidden just checked into this for someone else.

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LenS";p="60036 said:
If your town has implemented MIRCS, yes you can get a new LTC. You just fill out all the paperwork (or do it online at the PD . . . we don't have it yet, so I'm not sure how this part works), pay another $100 and they will process you as a "renewal".

YES, you have to pay the fee again. Chief Glidden just checked into this for someone else.
:shock: Another $100 eh... I guess my laminated, awkwardly shaped LTC will do just fine. :D

Thanks for the info LenS

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm in the same boat. My latest LTC renewal took effect mid-February and I've got to carry a horseblanket sized license for the next 6 years!

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not sure on that, but I just applied for a non-res NH LTC so i can legally drive through NH into VT. Are the non-res NH LTC's credit card sized?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Don't know for sure on NR LTC, but suspect that they would eat their own dogfood before foisting it on local PDs. So, I'd suspect that the new NR LTCs are wallet sized.

NH issues credit card sized CCW, so yes.

·
Super Moderator
7,148 Posts
JoninNH";p="60094 said:
Old style

New style

Of course I wish NH changed to credit card sized for RESIDENTS too. Oh well.[
Oh, good...they are only issuing licenses to humans. :monkeyea:

I was worried for a minute there.

G

·
Oh wow the fingerprint is on the MA ltc, jesus i didnt know that, actually going to my LTC class today to get the BFSC so I can obtain the LTC Class A so I can maybe get a summer job somewhere.

Edit:

I know some states recognize other LTC's what other states recognize MA's LTC?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Packing.org is a good site to look at... lots of info. According to them, Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Utah and Vermont accept the MA LTC. MA does not accept any other states LTC.

·
Subscribing Member
228 Posts
if your on the job, they should not be charging you a Hundred dollars for your renewal. Twenty five is the rate that city and towns charge P.O> since HR 218

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.