Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that Kel-Tec has a new development to their SU-16 .223 rifle line up. There are two different barrel lengths available for it, 9 or 12in. I was thinking the 12 would be a pretty versitile choice for a patrol carbine. Of course, even their SU-16C model with the 16in barrel would fill the role nicely. All models can be folded in half for fairly easy storage. Check out the new model here
http://www.kel-tec.com/SU-16d_rifle.htm
Or see the rest of their models on their home page. The MSRP's listed are typically much higher than an actual dealer order.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Dan, have you ever fired one?

I have the Sub-2000, 9mm in Glock config. The front sight is so Mickey-Mouse that I'm disgusted with it. Someone designed an AR15 type metal front sight assembly for ~$80 so that the carbine is usable.

I will likely sell this gun, and with no regrets (except for buying it in the 1st place).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't tried an SU-16 out, but I've been wanting to get one. I have a Sub-2000 S&W 9mm. The front site is cheesy and I've heard of some being way off from the factory. Lifetime warranty though, and the factory fixes it no problem. I was lucky with mine, I just needed to give it about a half turn for windage adjustment, sighting it in for 100yards and it's dead nuts. I'm quite happy with it. I wish they would develop the Sub a little bit more like they are with the SU line. With the contact that I have had with them, they say they have no further plans to develop the Sub.
If you don't need yours to fold, knock off the sights and add a weaver rail to the top for scout mount red dot. I have a few plans to refine mine that I haven't gotten around to yet. All I've added so far is a trigger stop (no over travel) and a Hogue slip on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts