New Hampshire State Police Charger | MassCops

New Hampshire State Police Charger

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by KozmoKramer, Sep 14, 2006.

1. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

I'm opening this thread up for NHTrooper.

NH Trooper - you take it from here...

2. Q5POS

Q5POS New Member

Not to hijack the thread, but DAMN, thats sharp. I think its the black mag wheels that make it look nasty.

3. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

It looks like there's victims all over the front bumper already...

4. tazoez

tazoez Subscribing Member

Hey Koz, If I put my app in for NH State and get in, think they'll let me have a chance at the new toy?

5. phuzz01

phuzz01 Subscribing Member

6. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Subscribing Member

Our fine agency said that the Chargers were "too fast" so we don't have any. Matter of fact, just about every Barracks is short on cruiser's so Troops have to spend time relaying cars and driving each other around. Myself included... for over 9 months now. Way to go Vermont.

7. tazoez

tazoez Subscribing Member

Umm, doesn't Vermont have $$$ for new cruisers? Not being wiseass here but I thought that most agencies put aside a percentage for new equiment or can request Federal $$ if need be.

8. TripleSeven

We just got two new 2006 Crown Vics, which still leave me and one other Troop without cars. Before those two new ones, there was four of us without cars, plus anyone whose car was in the shop, or crashed. Our particular barracks is at maximum capacity for Troops, which means there are two positons in which cruisers are not assigned.

The news cars the state does get usually sit up in a parking lot somewhere for several months waiting to be equipped. Don't get me wrong, the job itself is great, but the not having a car thing has gotten old.

We get emails from the brass advising of the rise in fatal collisions in the past year.... I wonder if there is any direct correlation to the number of sworn uniformed perrsonel without cruisers??? Its hard to work efficiently when a considerable amount of time is spent almost every shift relaying cruisers around. :confused:

9. MM1799

MM1799 Subscribing Member

Damn... three cheers for Vermont! :s

Maybe they want you walking your patrol area? I can see it now: walking backwards, running radar, trying to flag down motorist and carrying 40lbs of equipment. God bless you sir!

10. Duff112

Duff112 MassCops Member

Hey VSP-

Didn't you guys have the late 80's early 90's Chevy's like my PD had?? I don't know but in my 14 years experience those were the fastest cruisers I've ever driven. Sounds like
    someone in Fleet at GHQ wasn't on the road much back then.

11. TripleSeven

We used to have them. We have mostly Crown Vic's now with a few Impala's.

12. NH Cop

NH Cop New Member

Sounds like the state can’t manage there money. You folks should have a take home:mad:

13. TripleSeven

We do but its a pain when you dont have one assigned to you. Doing the duffle bag drag gets old quick. Not knowing where equipment is, spikes, shotgun, ect..

14. bluej511

bluej511 New Member

Seems like the Mass State Police should donate some cars to you guys huh? Its a shame having a job and not being able to do it right because of lack of equipment its a real shame.While our state spends money on Chargers and undercovers vans and what not.You guys cant even be on the road to find actual criminals.

15. Andy0921

Andy0921 MassCops Member

Does MSP issue there troopers brand new cruisers out of the academy? Or do they get old shitty ones?

16. bluej511

bluej511 New Member

not to sure but i have seen a couple guys out of the academy with new cars.Some are still rolling around with old cruisers though.A buddy of mine has 120k on his cruiser or something.

17. dcs2244

dcs2244 Moderator Staff Member

Andy, they get "sh=tty old ones", once they're off break-in...but even those cars come with a state gas card!

Hang in there, VSP...rumor has it you guys will be getting Chargers once they pave Route 91!:D

18. Mikey682

Mikey682 Subscribing Member

Even the shitty old ones now are pretty good ones. Fleet issued me a 1998 with 100K, only to have it turned in after 3 weeks and get issued a 2002 with 80K. Some of the guys/gals in my class are sneaking around the Commonwealth in 2004's. So theres never any complaining about the car you're issued.

19. Andy0921

Andy0921 MassCops Member

You get a new cruiser every 5 years rite?

20. Andy0921

Andy0921 MassCops Member

That project 54 thing you guys have in New Hampshire is awesome! I want it! What is the real cost? On the video the guy says its just 500 bucks a dept, but then I read it is 1000 bucks a car.

21. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

There was a time after consolidation when there were not enough cruisers for Troopers. For a few years, some guys had to do the clown car commute out west, or PC it to and from work. Once your fleet plan gets behind, it takes years and quick $$$ to catch up.

22. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Oh, the horror!! :p

23. nevrehc

nevrehc MassCops Member

It is a horror when it's 136 miles one way to work. 6 months no cruiser and a lot of mile on PC. I know a few guys who drove more than that one way, Hyde Park to Cheshire.

24. Q5POS

Q5POS New Member

I feel your pain bro. I drove my PC out west more than my cruiser, 170 miles round trip each day. I got sick of breaking down on the Pike (3 times) and having to get towed to Framingham and then having to call somebody from home to come pick me up everytime. And at the time we he had major cruiser shortage/equipment issues so there were no spares to go around. It got old after a while. I put on 30,000 in one year on my PC but I didn't mind driving it out there because I knew it would make it there and back without dying. Not to mention the endless days I spent on the desk because I had no cruiser to go out on patrol.

Hey Delta, when your 10 minute commute across Quincy to Sea St takes you an hour and half one way, we'll see who's making the wise ass comments. Until then, go take a double zero and SHUT UP!!

25. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

One of the many reasons why becoming a state trooper never interested me. When you sign-on to an agency that has stations near the New York border, it shouldn't come as a surprise when you get stationed there.

That was directed at SinePari, because I know he can take some good-natured ribbing (see the little smiley with the tongue stuck-out?). Unlike yourself, obviously.

I say to you what I've said to so many of your co-workers: Lighten-up, and get over yourself.

Due to high call volume, it's actually been tough to get one lately. Speaking of which, how is call volume in cow country??