Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Hampshire Highway Patrol

18K views 51 replies 21 participants last post by  VTCOP 
Phuzz01 and darknight750il you both hit the nail on the head. We at the NHHP (DMV) are trained by MSP and Fed's in Commercial truck inspections. We also investigate identity, title and registration fraud. I've been with the bureau for 4 years. I had worked 6 years on the midnight shift alone in a municipal police department in the seacoast area. A friend told me about the DMV/NHHP job. I applied and went through the process. I was offered a job, Monday thru Friday with weekends off, take home cruiser, and more money. That took about 1 minute to think about. I only had to convince my wife it would be a good move. We have several NH Troopers that have lateraled over. We usually hire officers with prior training. It took me 3 months but it's worth it. If there is some tension with other agencies. I'm not aware of it. I've had several investigations that were requested by NHHP Troopers. I've had many positive contacts with other agencies. NH has hard working Troopers, good group of guys and gals. Even if they brake my chops at the range. We are still looking.

At first an interview then an officer will be assigned to do a back ground. That takes about 3 weeks. You will meet with the investigating officer as well. Then the physical agility test, polygraph/ sociological test and urine test. We start at approximately $37,500. We have taken full time Out of State certified officers in the past. Last one was from Boston PD. He loves the job. PM me if you have any other questions. We are lookimg. Good luck MADanvers

j809 said:
Cows and Cow Sex.
That's right Cows and Cow Sex. Don't forget the inbreeding. Don't laugh but they will bring things like that up. They also use it on the polygraph. I moved to NH 18 years back from Lynn, MA. Took some time to get used to the locals. Seems like the locals have all moved further north and all the MA residents have moved in. Like my brother the civil servant says. I'm only a cop in NH because I failed the MA civil service. YEAH RIGHT. #-o

Money has gotten better over the years. Towns have realized that they send folks to the F/T academy and then lose them in a year or so. Still I wouldn't move back to MA. I have a brother and other relatives who work in the north shore area. They make very good money and are happy. I like it up hear. This state has grown very large in the southern areas. So hasn't the crime rate. :lol: Keep trying

OH Yeah if it requires a detail and it can't get filled flag men will be used. Certain City's don't allow flag men in. The union will not allow it.

I don't know if SSPO is accepted in NH. If you have covered the required hours needed I would think so. You could e-mail the academy and ask. They have a committee that meets every month to discuss desertification of officers and other items. :whaasup:

No I won't be there for day one. Hopefully it will be a good winter. They will have you run out in the snow and ice. Unfortunately people end up getting hurt. Braking there ankles or wrists. Common sense is not always used. The recruit ends up coming back to the next class if he or she gets injuries and can't do morning calisthenics for a certain amount of time. Good luck. I used to sleep in. I couldn't be bothered with the exercise thing.:monkeyea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.