Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Group Wants Registration Of Sales At Gun Shows

BOSTON -- A new gun control billboard was unveiled along the Massachusetts Turnpike on Tuesday.

NewsCenter 5's Shiba Russell reported that much like the messages it has been sending for the past 13 years, this one would catch the eyes of travelers.

VIDEO: New Billboard Unveiled

The 252-foot billboard reads, in part, "We Sell Guns. No ID. No Background Check."

"This is the equivalent of al-Qaida terrorists walking directly onto the airplane while you and I wait in the TSA line," said John Rosenthal, of Stop Handgun Violence.

Rosenthal's message is to require registration of sales at gun shows. In 32 states at 5,000 gun shows, anyone can by firearms from private gun dealers.

"We need to be the beacon here that continues to sound the call," Rosenthal said.

It is a message fully supported by the Boston Police Department. Overnight, there were six people shot, including a 4-year-old, in Boston.

"People need to speak to Congress. People need to speak to the president in an effort to have federal enactments to stop the proliferation of weapons," Boston Police Department Superintendent Bruce Holloway said.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/17232778/detail.html

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
It is a message fully supported by the Boston Police Department. Overnight, there were six people shot, including a 4-year-old, in Boston.

"People need to speak to Congress. People need to speak to the president in an effort to have federal enactments to stop the proliferation of weapons," Boston Police Department Superintendent Bruce Holloway said.
I wonder exactly how many of the frequent Boston shootings were perpetrated by someone using a firearm legally purchased at a gun show? The last time I bought a gun at a gun show I had to show my Class A LTC, which in itself entails a background check.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Talk about sheriff hacks, between mumbles and the Boston Police Superintendent what better hacks are their for "cadilac deval"?

Rosenthal, a man that breaks both Federal and State laws and gets the backing of both our elected and appointed officials.

How did I get on the wrong side?

G

·
I wonder exactly how many of the frequent Boston shootings were perpetrated by someone using a firearm legally purchased at a gun show? The last time I bought a gun at a gun show I had to show my Class A LTC, which in itself entails a background check.
Besides motorists informing me they're carrying during a traffic stop, of all the guns I've come across on the street (found during searches, tossed away during a chase, etc.) exactly one person had a valid permit, and it was revoked the next day.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
That sums it all up. John Rosenthal I confuse with that horrible Rosenthal guy from framingham, either way they are both losers.

·
In Tactical Mode....
2,851 Posts
The thing that kills us more than anything is when people hear that the PD supports anti-gun legislation. Trust me, people eat that right up and will live by it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
The thing that kills us more than anything is when people hear that the PD supports anti-gun legislation. Trust me, people eat that right up and will live by it.
Absolutely! But when do our unions ever refute that "little" truth?

And after the stab in the back with this "detail/flagman" bullsh*t, when will they stop? How much does the Quin Bill cost?

·
Subscribing Member
6,688 Posts
that billboard makes my blood boil every time i ride out of town on the pike .

wish there was a way to refute it with a even bigger billboard up the road , but unless i hit mega millions that ain't gonna happen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts