Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Department told me to get a new vest... so I was wondering what everyone's opinion was on the best vest these days.

I've heard some good things about the Safariland ZeroG vests as far as comfort goes.

I think the Second Chance I have now is an "Ultima" which seems pretty good and is only 2 years old (however there are obvious concerns)

Anyway, care to throw your 2 cents in on this?

Thanks all

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've had a vest from First Choice for the past several months . . . it fits better than any vest I've ever had. I believe they're located in Brockton.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I have a gatorhawk and a second chance monarch. The Gatorhawk is a better vest IMO, and less money. I have heard the zero-G tends to bunch up on you.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've always worn Second Chance (Monarch/Ultima, new replacement they sent...) but many of my classmates chose, and seem very happy with, First Choice. They are out of Brockton, and according to most, seem customer service oriented. I know they have multiple carrier options. I may try them next time.

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
725 said:
I've had a vest from First Choice for the past several months . . . it fits better than any vest I've ever had. I believe they're located in Brockton.
Same here, I love my vest it fits like a glove. We got them 4yrs ago and we are almost do to renew them but I would definitely go with them again. Yes they are located in Brockton. The salesmen will come to your department and measure you at your convenience.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have to agree with Harley387, Gatorhawk is a great vest and I have heard nothing bad about it. It is lightweight and very comfortable; however, stay away from ZeroG it is very heavy thick and bulky, also the liner zipper seems to break open.

·
Subscribing Member
383 Posts
SRRerg said:
I've always worn Second Chance (Monarch/Ultima, new replacement they sent...) but many of my classmates chose, and seem very happy with, First Choice. They are out of Brockton, and according to most, seem customer service oriented.
We wear Second Chance. They are very customer oriented. When my vest got delivered, it wasn't fitting me right. I called the rep, and he was there in under an hour. The vest had to be re-cut, and it took less than a week. The vest is very comfortable; at least as comfortable as a vest can be.

·
Registered
253 Posts
CampusOfficer said:
SRRerg said:
I've always worn Second Chance (Monarch/Ultima, new replacement they sent...) but many of my classmates chose, and seem very happy with, First Choice. They are out of Brockton, and according to most, seem customer service oriented.
We weat Second Choice. They are very customer oriented. When my vest got delivered, it wasn't fitting me right. I called the rep, and he was there in under an hour. The vest had to be re-cut, and it took less than a week. The vest is very comfortable; at least as comfortable as a vest can be.
:roll: what he meant to say is that we went with first choice out of brockton. I also had to have my vest altered after getting it. The company is very customer friendly.
sorry B, I could not resist! :wl:

·
Subscribing Member
383 Posts
Finding Nemo said:
what he meant to say is that we went with first choice out of brockton. I also had to have my vest altered after getting it. The company is very customer friendly.
sorry B, I could not resist! :wl:
Yeah, yeah...my bad. It was early in the morning. Give me a break.

·
Registered
103 Posts
First Choice has my vote. Just recently obtained one through my department and feel it's the best vest I have ever worn.

just my two cents.

Ed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts